I finally headed to bed in the wee hours, right as the birds were starting their morning songs...and then slept 'til 11. It was wonderful! The room where we are staying has lots of natural light, but with England's normally-overcase skies, it wasn't too bright and wasn't too dim--perfect for me! :)
After that, we basically ate our way through a splendidly-English kind of day. First, delicious croissants and other pastries for breakfast. Then we drove to a cafe where I had a panini made with Coronation Chicken (first made for the queen during her coronation meal by her personal chef) and cranberries....yummy! Next, it was off to another cafe, this one on the high street of Haslemere, where we had the. most. delicious. cream tea ever...this is the one that I sometimes salivate over when I'm in the States, just thinking about it! And the hot chocolate--I have no idea why, but Rex didn't like it, so I downed that, too! For dinner? Grilled lamb chops, burger, and bangers....and summer pudding for dessert!
What a blessing this little stop has been! So thankful to have some time to rest before going to India and time to spend with family.....celebrating Peter's birthday with him was an added treat! If all goes well, we will be seeing them again on our way back through England, this time when they drive to London and meet Tom at our hotel on our overnight. Life will be completely different by then...
Some photographs of our evening...
The summer pudding birthday dessert!
Our nieces, P and E
P doing an after-dinner Rudyard Kipling reading
1 comment:
That was such fun! Glad we got to see you as your epic journey was just beginning. I love doing tea shop tours!
Post a Comment