Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Trip-of-a-Lifetime, Take 2

And here we are.  After a roller coaster that about took me out, we are off--and running!  Fingerprints were granted, decisions were made, tickets were purchased, and tonight, I find myself sitting in my parents' living room, alone in the quiet with the rain falling outside and the clock ticking ever so faithfully.

Last night we dropped Neil off at his home-away-from-home for the next week or so.  It went amazingly well, with him giving hugs and kisses and then quickly running away to play with his friends.  I cried; he didn't.  He would rarely be mistaken for sentimental, and yet, in that moment, I was thankful, as it just made the transition so much easier.  We got home to a phone call from Rex that he was homesick (He was only just spending last night with a friend.)...what a contrast between our boys.  I love them both--and their unique personalities--so much.

And soon, there will be another boy in the mix!  Tom's carseat is waiting for him in the car (I wonder how his first ride in there will go!), and the pack-n-play is set up in our room, anticipating his arrival and his need to sleep in the same room with Mama and Daddy for a little while.  I can't wait....and I don't have to for much longer.  Baby J, we're coming for you....and we're really, truly, almost there!

2 comments:

Mama to AWE said...

We missed you today as we celebrated Tara and her baby! But I am so delighted for your reason to miss the party. We cannot wait to celebrate when you return!!! Love you. Miss you.

kash said...

Overjoyed, thrilled and totally excited for you guys!!! Can't wait to hear about all the details of your trip!!!

Post a Comment