...introducing again, our son, Job Thomas Jagat Hoffman!
As is often the case, he is seen here with no pants on....we're hoping that that means that potty training is well underway!
We've been working on his name for a very long time, but we just couldn't finalize one until recently. I think the closer our travel dates are getting, the more necessary it seems for us to make a decision. There are so many reasons that we are naming him what we are, but suffice it to say that Job was a man of character who believed in and trusted a great God. I would love for my son to display the kind of faith that his namesake did. Thomas was Jeff's paternal grandfather, an immigrant who came over on a boat from Ireland, and in addition, tradition says that the apostle Thomas is the person responsible for taking Christianity to India. Jagat, of course, is his given name, and it means "world". We were told that whoever named him likely wished that they could give him the world. That's a beautiful gift.
We love it....well, at least the Hub and I do. The boys are insistent that we are calling him "Zeke", another name that was on the shortlist. But Job it is! We will likely call him J.T.--or just Jag for now. I actually like "Job Thomas" said together. We'll see....nicknames just sort of happen, so it'll be fun to watch one develop. For now, Job isn't too different-sounding than the beginning of Jagat, so hopefully it'll be an easy transition name for him.
His blog name? Tom...or Tommy. I haven't decided which yet. The name discussion continues...

3 comments:
Love the name and all the variations, of course Thomas is both my Dad and brother's name so that is really my favorite. So excited for you guys and love the picture of precious little Job Thomas!!!!
He is so adorable! You know I love the name already and I can't wait for him to be snuggled and grow comfy cozy in your arms!
He is adorable...whatever you call him! But his full name is another great story he will have to tell. So glad to be able to catch up with you all!
Post a Comment