Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Passport Update...again

Again, I am closing down the lobby.  They must really think I'm crazy.  :)

So...there is good news and bad news.  The good news is that after a very long, hot, humid, crowded stint at the passport office today, we were able to get a "guarantee" from one of the passport officials that the passports (Tom's and L's) were going in the mail tonight and would be "speed posted", which, from what we can tell, is sort of like overnighting something at home.  There is a tracking number, but the site isn't working, so that ended up not helping us much.

The plan is to go to the Cuttack post office tomorrow morning--Cuttack is the city where the orphanage is--and request to acquire the passports there rather than having them sent on to the orphanage, which will take even longer.  Hopefully we will find favor with the post office official there like we did at the post office here today (Praise God--the post office here is clearly run MUCH more smoothly than the passport office!), and we will be able to get them.  If we do, we will fly to Delhi tomorrow evening.

The bad news is that it appears that we won't be able to get to the doctors' office until Thursday morning, which means that we won't be able to make our Embassy appointment until Monday morning...the day after we're supposed to be arriving home.  I'm the most sad for Rex, who will likely miss his last week of school.  I'll have to tell him that in the morning.  There are other reasons to be sad, but that's the most important one....that and the fact that we are missing our other kiddos so much and can't wait for them to meet their little brother.  On the upside, our trip to the Taj Mahal might just be back on!

I'm quite certain that Beth is just fine staying with my parents for a few more days, but is there anyone local who might be willing to keep Neil starting on Sunday so that he won't have to miss his last week of school, too?  I can ask the wonderful people he's staying with now (C, are you reading?), but I'd rather at least have another option or two in case that's not the best for them.  Mel, I know that he's welcome back with you, but I'd rather have him able to be at school.....thanks for being willing, though, if we need it!

Keep praying!  I hope that someday I will be able to describe how amazing it was to watch God move the hearts of kings today at the passport office right before our very eyes.  He is moving and answering, and we are so thankful!

Much love from India...

2 comments:

Bridget E. said...

Many prayers lifted up for ya'll! I have been thinking about you so often and love hearing how God has been mightily at work.
As a side note, I'm in ocean city and there are some staff from Miami of Ohio :)

Mama to AWE said...

T is welcome to come stay here! We know he's comfortable and it's worked well in the past. Monday is Memorial Day, so no school until Tuesday. We would be happy to have him starting Sunday though! Let me know!

Post a Comment