Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Sunday, May 22, 2011

So much to say, so little internet access

Hopefully, we will be in Delhi tomorrow night, where I will have easier internet access and will be able to hide myself away in the bathroom and write for hours while my "boys" are sleeping.  As it is, I am again in the hotel lobby, using the common "net zone" computer.  Very thankful for this, at least, although I do wonder what the staff think of this crazy American lady roaming around in the hotel at all hours of the night by herself!

I have spent the last hour or so scouring through my emails from other expectant parents, as tomorrow we will head to the orphanage for the last time, Lord willing.  We will say our goodbyes, take many pictures, and check on all the kiddos who are waiting for their mamas and daddies that we've been asked to check on.

I don't have time to email each of you yet, but let me just say that I have already looked in on and taken photos of most of your kids, and they are precious!!!!!!  Every last one of them!

The sad reality is that many of these kiddos don't have families waiting for them, so let me unashamedly say that the recruitment of loving parents is beginning now!  You know who you are....I've got my eyes on some of these precious ones that you need to come and take home!  "When love takes you in, everything changes"....for us and for them.  Being an adoptive mother is a treasure beyond compare...I am so thankful.

Our little Tom is one of the most beautiful and brave creatures I have ever seen, and his Creator gets the glory all day long as we look at him in awe.  I haven't time or space to write all of the musings of my heart, but they are there, floating around, trying to find a category in which to land.  Some of these moments will forever live in my memory, never to make it to paper.  But I do hope to capture some specifics over time.

For now, let me just say that Tom is enamored--completely and totally, wrap-his-arms-around-his-legs attached--with Hoffbeast.  Papa's boy for sure...already.  He did sit and snuggle with me tonight while the Hub was showering, so that was pretty incredible.  Yup.  Sure was.

Tomorrow, Scott (our friend who is traveling with us and adopting a beautiful 6-year-old daughter with his wife, Karen) and I are being personally escorted to the passport office, where we hope to make tangible progress on the passport situation.  I know that many of you have already covered this in prayer...please keep it up.  We have seen the Lord answer so many of our prayers already, and we are excited to see Him continue to do that in His personal and precisely-timed ways.  Thank you for praying....we will update on the situation as we can tomorrow.

Pray:
-that we are able to make it into the passport office with no problems.
-that we are guided to the correct official who is both willing and able to help us.
-that Hoffbeast, Rex, and Tom (along with Karen and L) have a good day at the orphanage.  We are a little concerned with how Tom and L will react, now that they haven't been there since Saturday.
-that Tom and L will understand that this is goodbye and will make memories that they will always be able to treasure, even at their young ages.
-that the passports will be delivered tomorrow afternoon and that we will be able to fly to Delhi tomorrow evening.
-that there will be no bribes asked for and that Scott and I will avoid being "pushy Americans".
-that the relationships that we have built with the orphanage officials will be enhanced, rather than damaged, by our trip to the passport office.  If the passport office visit goes south, the orphanage officials could be frustrated.
-that Scott, Karen, Hoffbeast, and I will react with grace, whatever the answer from the passport office officials.
-that God--who spoke, and the universe leapt into existence--will get the glory for it all.  We praise Him forever, in all things!

Amen.

3 comments:

Mama Papaya said...

Wishing for your family.

melanie said...

oh!! praying for you and for J's passport...can't wait to hear. I miss Thaddy tonight....:(
hugs...melanie

kash said...

praying through your requests, what an amazing and uncertain time!

Post a Comment