Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Saturday, May 28, 2011

TB test........check!

Okay, we are down to the wire now.....only one more tiny hoop to jump through.  Okay, it's not really that tiny; it's huge, actually.  Appearing at the Embassy to apply for and acquire Tom's visa so that he can enter the USA.  Huge in that it has lots of meaning; tiny in that the US Embassy is on our side, and there is no reason to think that we shouldn't be able to get his visa.*

None except for those little fingerprints....remember those?  Hopefully Melissa has done her job, and our fingerprints are updated in the Embassy's computer system.  I'm sure they are, and if not, I have her number.  And I also have the name of the woman at the Embassy who told me that Hoffbeast does not need to appear and that since I am the petitioner (pretty much means that I'm the one who filled out all the paperwork), I can appear alone, so long as he writes a letter stating that he knows that his wife will be the one appearing and that it's okay for me to be there without him.

I'm a little worried that I'm going to forget to have him write the letter.  Worried enough that 10 seconds ago, I took a ball-point pen and wrote in large letters across the back of my hand, "Letter from [Hoffbeast] to Embassy".  That should do it...I hope.

Today was another great day!  It started with a yummy breakfast in the hotel restaurant, followed by a drive back to the doctor's office so that Tom's TB skin test could be read.  The reading itself took all of about 5 seconds, but we were sent up the stairs then down the stairs a half dozen times before we were finally allowed to walk out of that building with the sealed envelope with Tom's medical records in it, not to be opened until we reach the Embassy and have given it to one of the trained professionals behind the glass windows. 

I still remember our Embassy worker when we adopted Neil.  She had red hair, and she was from Ohio.

Speaking of Neil, we were able to Skype with him tonight and introduce him to his brother!  Bummer was that we could hear him, but he couldn't hear us.  Oh well....a picture is worth a thousand words, and it was true tonight.  We miss him and can't wait to see him and little Beth again.  He was obviously thrilled to hear that Daddy and Rex were coming home on Tuesday!

Tomorrow....a trip to Agra and the Taj Mahal!

*Wouldn't a huge hoop actually be way easier to jump through than a tiny one?

No comments:

Post a Comment