It's nearly 4 a.m. here. I will surely be tired tomorrow, but for slightly different reasons than today. Jet lag was rough...but it seems that we have made it through. Hurray! I am very thankful for this stopover en route to India where we can be with family and relax a bit before the next leg of the journey. It's always fun to be here with the in-laws and the cousins, and there has been much talk of British history and royal weddings already, in addition to the basic family catch-up.
My sister-in-law, Jill, was actually visiting us on the day that we got the email about Tom way back over 19 months ago. She witnessed the initial hubbub of the news, so it's wonderful to be able to share this part of the story with her. We were also here just before leaving to meet Neil....seems that Jill inevitably plays a part in our adoption stories--fine by me!
Rex had a ball playing outside with his cousin, P, and from the reports I'm getting about Neil back in the States, he is practically living and breathing outside play. I'm sure that Beth is doing the same, although, sadly, we forgot to take her scooter to Mom and Dad's. Sorry, Beth!
We had a lovely (and very delicious!) meals of shepherd's pie tonight, followed by my pudding (English for dessert) request....Jill's world-renowned brownies! And we were able to sneak in Rex's first malaria pill right into the brownie so he didn't even know it was there! Tomorrow night....grilled lamb chops (Hoffbeast is salivating at the mention.) and my other request--summer pudding. Summer pudding is literally one of my very favorite desserts anywhere, and I am so glad that my SIL is spoiling us this way!
Hopefully I can post some pictures soon...I have loads already!
My sister-in-law, Jill, was actually visiting us on the day that we got the email about Tom way back over 19 months ago. She witnessed the initial hubbub of the news, so it's wonderful to be able to share this part of the story with her. We were also here just before leaving to meet Neil....seems that Jill inevitably plays a part in our adoption stories--fine by me!
Rex had a ball playing outside with his cousin, P, and from the reports I'm getting about Neil back in the States, he is practically living and breathing outside play. I'm sure that Beth is doing the same, although, sadly, we forgot to take her scooter to Mom and Dad's. Sorry, Beth!
We had a lovely (and very delicious!) meals of shepherd's pie tonight, followed by my pudding (English for dessert) request....Jill's world-renowned brownies! And we were able to sneak in Rex's first malaria pill right into the brownie so he didn't even know it was there! Tomorrow night....grilled lamb chops (Hoffbeast is salivating at the mention.) and my other request--summer pudding. Summer pudding is literally one of my very favorite desserts anywhere, and I am so glad that my SIL is spoiling us this way!
Hopefully I can post some pictures soon...I have loads already!
2 comments:
I feel like you are running a marathon and I get to cheer you on!!! Yeah, you are almost to the finish line, holding sweet Tom in your arms!!!
Yay for updating! So excited. Been thinking about you lots as usual. Annie and I got into Boston late last night/early this morning and got to meet Marcella. She's awesome - very hospitable and thoughtful! So glad I contacted her ;) Praying! Love ya
Post a Comment