Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Monday, May 23, 2011

Passport Update

For most of you reading this, it's still the middle of the night.  But when you do see this, please pray.  (I know that you are already, I'm just asking it again.)  Scott and I have been waiting in the lobby for 3 hours for "the guy" to come and take us to the passport office.  Now we are being told that they don't see foreigners on Mondays, so we are to come tomorrow.

The orphanage is encouraging us (This is good news!) to use the other contacts we have to make things happen.  Our flight leaves in less than 8 hours.  Looks like we'll be staying here again tonight, but I still have hope that things could happen quickly.

"Hope waits but does not sit.  It strains with eager anticipation to see what may be coming on the horizon.  Hope does not pacify; it does not make us docile and mediocre.  Instead, it draws us to greater risk and perseverence."  -Dan Allender (I just read this quote this morning in the book I'm reading, Choosing to See by Mary Beth Chapman.)

So with hope, I am back at the computer, and I'm sitting down to write to the officials that I know of.  I have a number of contacts from a past adoptive parent....maybe this will get us somewhere.  If not, we will be in the lobby again tomorrow waiting for "the guy" to show at 10 a.m.

Life is an adventure, that's for sure!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Much love and many prayers.

Post a Comment