Today was wonderful....just a very relaxing, didn't-really-do-much-of-anything kind of day. Doesn't that sound wonderful?
Daddy and Tom got up for an early breakfast, while Rex and I slept in 'til 10. Then we went for a swim in the hotel pool (It's a beautiful, well-kept, clear-blue water pool on the 3rd floor roof!). After that, Daddy and Tom took a nap, while Rex and I went out to find some diapers and grabbed lunch for us. Then we headed out to the pool area again and ate lunch, visiting with some other folks who are here from South Carolina. Then it was nap time for Mama and Rex, followed by a yummy dinner at TGIFridays for us and our travel partners, Scott, Karen, and L. Last part of the day? A kids' play area with a ball pit, kiddie rides, and all sorts of fun stuff.
Doesn't that sound like a great day? No mention of any paperwork, passports, or doctor visits. (In reality, I did have to wait on the phone for an hour trying to talk to an Embassy worker to get our questions answered, but let's not mention that.)
At this very moment, our travel agent is working on re-booking our flights home. We have decided to split up, with Hoffbeast and Rex flying home on Tuesday and Tom and I flying out Wednesday afternoon, stopping in London for a night to introduce Tom to his aunt and cousins (Uncle Peter will be traveling. Boo.), and arriving in Indy in the wee hours of Friday morning. Then we will hang out with my family (and Beth! I can't wait to see her!!!) for a couple of days and drive back on Sunday.
We're coming HOME!!!!!!!!
Daddy and Tom got up for an early breakfast, while Rex and I slept in 'til 10. Then we went for a swim in the hotel pool (It's a beautiful, well-kept, clear-blue water pool on the 3rd floor roof!). After that, Daddy and Tom took a nap, while Rex and I went out to find some diapers and grabbed lunch for us. Then we headed out to the pool area again and ate lunch, visiting with some other folks who are here from South Carolina. Then it was nap time for Mama and Rex, followed by a yummy dinner at TGIFridays for us and our travel partners, Scott, Karen, and L. Last part of the day? A kids' play area with a ball pit, kiddie rides, and all sorts of fun stuff.
Doesn't that sound like a great day? No mention of any paperwork, passports, or doctor visits. (In reality, I did have to wait on the phone for an hour trying to talk to an Embassy worker to get our questions answered, but let's not mention that.)
At this very moment, our travel agent is working on re-booking our flights home. We have decided to split up, with Hoffbeast and Rex flying home on Tuesday and Tom and I flying out Wednesday afternoon, stopping in London for a night to introduce Tom to his aunt and cousins (Uncle Peter will be traveling. Boo.), and arriving in Indy in the wee hours of Friday morning. Then we will hang out with my family (and Beth! I can't wait to see her!!!) for a couple of days and drive back on Sunday.
We're coming HOME!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment