It's 7 a.m., and I am waiting for the big kids to get downstairs so that they can eat breakfast before heading off to school. The Littles? I expect that they will sleep for another hour or so because.....they've been sleeping late every day since the surgery!!! NICE!
I really think that Tom is just completely wearing himself out during the day and so is exhausted by the time nightfall comes, so he just sleeps away at night. Fine by me! I thoroughly expected that we would be doing middle-of-the-night wakeups with him for the first week or two....kind of thought it would be like having a newborn in that way. Nope.
But in other ways, it actually has been. One of the fun things about this week has been seeing Tom accomplish some "firsts". Of course, we missed seeing his actual first rolling over, crawling, and walking. But this week, we have celebrated each milestone with smiles, claps, and jumping up and down! Yesterday, he almost RAN! I actually am having to slow him down now and tell him to crawl instead of walk because 1) the doctor said that the less weight on his casts, the less scar tissue and 2) he actually tore a part of the bottom of his cast off yesterday!
THANK YOU for praying and for following along with Tom's story! I know that the Lord is sustaining us, and I am confident that He is using the prayers of His people.
Yesterday, I made his appointment to get the casts off....we are at 20 days and counting. Our sweet HLIC staff Tang and Bridget made a paper chain to count the days down--it took two people because it was so creative and fun! He's doing great, folks!
(Maybe in another post, I'll write about the frustrations....because there are some. But overall things are going so well that I don't want to focus on the negative for too long.)
I really think that Tom is just completely wearing himself out during the day and so is exhausted by the time nightfall comes, so he just sleeps away at night. Fine by me! I thoroughly expected that we would be doing middle-of-the-night wakeups with him for the first week or two....kind of thought it would be like having a newborn in that way. Nope.
But in other ways, it actually has been. One of the fun things about this week has been seeing Tom accomplish some "firsts". Of course, we missed seeing his actual first rolling over, crawling, and walking. But this week, we have celebrated each milestone with smiles, claps, and jumping up and down! Yesterday, he almost RAN! I actually am having to slow him down now and tell him to crawl instead of walk because 1) the doctor said that the less weight on his casts, the less scar tissue and 2) he actually tore a part of the bottom of his cast off yesterday!
THANK YOU for praying and for following along with Tom's story! I know that the Lord is sustaining us, and I am confident that He is using the prayers of His people.
Yesterday, I made his appointment to get the casts off....we are at 20 days and counting. Our sweet HLIC staff Tang and Bridget made a paper chain to count the days down--it took two people because it was so creative and fun! He's doing great, folks!
(Maybe in another post, I'll write about the frustrations....because there are some. But overall things are going so well that I don't want to focus on the negative for too long.)
4 comments:
Yay! So glad they slept in again and that your mom is there! Btw- I love the new blog background. #supescute #lovefromcali
I heart paper chains! #hashtagJustBecauseIKnowYouLoveThemSo
Amazing, he sure knows how to adapt!
Glad you like the new background, Bridget E....now if I could just figure out how to make the picture smaller!
He's doing well, ladies, although today he is having a really hard time going down for his nap. But we went to the park earlier, so at least we got out a bit!
Post a Comment