I realize that as the days go by, my updates are less and less frequent. Makes sense, I suppose...we are embracing our "new normal" and are trying to resume life with son and little brother in casts. We have just 2 1/2 weeks to go before they are removed, assuming we make it that long.
He can roll, and he can crawl. But what's the point of all that if he can also RUN! Did I mention that he caught his foot cast on something, and a large piece tore off of the bottom? Yep. To the point where I can now tickle two of his toes without trying very hard.
So I think we need a convo with the doc. I certainly don't want to have him re-casted....I'm sure that that would be awful. Not a fun prospect. But even less fun is the idea that he is developing excessive scar tissue and/or that he is injuring his knees because of the weird way he is walking (He has been complaining about his left knee.).
Prayer requests:
-that we could get a clear answer from the doc about the leg cast situation.
-that the pain both in his right hand and at the circumcision site would cease.
-that any muscle spasms he's having in his right hand would stop.
-that Tom's frustration level would be contained.
Poor guy....it IS frustrating to go from being such an active guy to being told that you have to be carried everywhere; to want to play with your cars that you love but realizing that you can't grip them; to love to eat but have to wait for someone to feed you every single breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack and to not even be able to take a drink of water without help.
We love him so much............thanks for praying for him and for standing with us. God is faithful and good and enough. And we thank Him.
Here is a short video of Tom walking on wobbly legs late last week.....rest assured that he is wobbly no more!
1 comment:
oh my goodness Sarah, nothing is slowing him down, that kid is hilarious!! Love the big smiles!
Post a Comment