Hello, praying and caring friends and family!
It's been a good day on the Tom scene, and I have good news to report. I am tired and should go to bed (Sorry, Mom, that I'm not in bed yet!), so I will try to be brief...
-After getting my schedule rearranged for the day (Thank you, Emily, for being so flexible!), I talked to Dawn this morning, and they were able to get Tom in today for cast reinforcement. It went very well--the Occupational Therapist was great!--and Tom now has a very reinforced cast that this mama feels MUCH better about. Run all you want, kiddo! But please don't jump still.
-After said appointment, we came home, where Tom promptly decided that today was the day that he would crawl up the steps. We have a lot of steps, people! He's amazing.
-Late this afternoon, a scene that made my heart melt....Beth and Tom were playing "mama and daddy", just like they did pre-surgery. It was the sweetest thing! They were walking around, talking pretend and taking care of their "sweeties" just like they did before we entered Castland. I thought to myself, "We are back to normal."
I am so grateful. The worst (for this time around) is behind us. The pain is gone, the cast is reinforced, the swelling is down, and the frustrations are manageable.
Praise the LORD, for He is good. His love endures forever. Goodnight.
It's been a good day on the Tom scene, and I have good news to report. I am tired and should go to bed (Sorry, Mom, that I'm not in bed yet!), so I will try to be brief...
-After getting my schedule rearranged for the day (Thank you, Emily, for being so flexible!), I talked to Dawn this morning, and they were able to get Tom in today for cast reinforcement. It went very well--the Occupational Therapist was great!--and Tom now has a very reinforced cast that this mama feels MUCH better about. Run all you want, kiddo! But please don't jump still.
-After said appointment, we came home, where Tom promptly decided that today was the day that he would crawl up the steps. We have a lot of steps, people! He's amazing.
-Late this afternoon, a scene that made my heart melt....Beth and Tom were playing "mama and daddy", just like they did pre-surgery. It was the sweetest thing! They were walking around, talking pretend and taking care of their "sweeties" just like they did before we entered Castland. I thought to myself, "We are back to normal."
I am so grateful. The worst (for this time around) is behind us. The pain is gone, the cast is reinforced, the swelling is down, and the frustrations are manageable.
Praise the LORD, for He is good. His love endures forever. Goodnight.
1 comment:
praise the lord indeed!
Post a Comment