Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Update - 10:30 p.m. Tuesday

I was not so naive to assume that it would all be roses, so in some ways, today wasn't a huge surprise.  On the other hand, it sure was nice to write all happy posts!  :)

This afternoon/evening was rough.  Real rough.  I think that I made a mistake in taking him off of the pain meds as quickly as I did.  I mean, I'm not sure if he's technically in pain or if he's just really uncomfortable.  Either way, his agitation level increased a lot this afternoon around lunchtime and really kept going for much of the day.

Could be pain and/or discomfort.  Or could just be a general frustration.  Today, he learned all sorts of new things!  And while that makes the mama very happy, it almost made Tom more frustrated--maybe like since he can figure this thing out, why can't he figure that one out, too?

For the sake of documentation, I should tell you that today, he let Beth put the goldfish in between his thumb and his cast so that he could feed himself.  He crawled into his "car" and on his "tractor" by himself.  Yes, by himself!  And he rolled all the way from one room to a far-away other one, just to get to where sissy was playing.  He's making great progress.

But tomorrow, the return of the pain meds.  Not the heavy-duty stuff, mind you, but at least some consistent medicine that doesn't completely wear off before the next dosage.

Sleep well...I'm hoping for another good night of sleep here, too!

1 comment:

Tyler & Kash said...

Hope that sleep was god last night, still praying for the sweet little man and all his owies!

Post a Comment