Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Update - 11 p.m. Tuesday, April 17

Quick little update before bed.

Not long after writing my last post, I picked up our home phone and heard the familiar "beep beep beep beep" on the line, telling me that we had messages.

I can't believe that I missed Dawn's call yesterday!  Turns out that Dr. Daley's medical assistant had called back late yesterday morning wanting Tom to come in for a cast reinforcement as soon as possible.

Oops.

It's mostly good news, though.  She said that Dr. Daley isn't too concerned about the fact that Tom is walking so much (That's good, cuz he's walking a lot!).  He is concerned, however, that they are able to get the cast reinforced from the ankle down.  So more good news in that they won't have to remove the cast and start all over.  Hurray!  I'm assuming that reinforcing will be much more tolerable than recasting.

Tomorrow is nearly impossible for me to get him in because I keep my friend's son on Wednesdays, and I'm not hauling 3 kiddos in there for the procedure.  No way.  So we will wait 'til Thursday and hope that no more of the cast is ripped away during his near-acrobatics.  Today he was jumping--jumping!--on his cast, and he tried to climb up on the arm of the couch for a jump off.  Nope.  That's where I draw the line.  Not happening.

So we will likely go in on Thursday morning.  Dawn is going to call us back in the morning with a specific time.

Thanks for praying for this.....we have seen answered prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment