Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Too Many Details?

My brother told me awhile ago that my blog report of our trip to India had too many details.  So I told him not to read it.

I get it--for my readers who are concise, get-right-to-the-point people, the Our Cramazing May episodes are simply too tedious and too cumbersome to read.  I am not offended in the least.

But for those who are interested in adoption and specifically those who are either in the process to adopt from India or are considering it, I hope that these words and photos will paint a picture of walking with God through the journey.  He was in it the whole time.  At every corner, we were seeing Him provide, lift up, strengthen, and give us faith to keep trusting Him.  Adoption is not for the faint of heart--but it IS for broken people who are motivated by the heart of God to care for orphans and beautifully display a shadow of what real adoption looks like.  I was adopted by the perfect Father, and as I walk through the process, I see God more clearly.

That is not to say that adoption is a means to an end.  Adoption is an end in itself, a permanent, irrefutable, forever condition.  It is a high calling, and one that should never, ever, ever, ever (You get my drift?) be entered into lightly.  But having considered the need and the heart of God toward orphans and the power that is available to those who depend fully on Him, believers should feel free to, motivated by, and confident about moving forward into the beautiful, difficult, rewarding, challenge, and amazing world of adoption.

And, by the way, I doubt that Tom (or Tom's wife and children someday) will think that this record is too detailed.  He has no baby book.  He has very little record of his first two years.  But he will always have this...he will always be able to know what Daddy, Mama, and Rex went through to bring him home to our family.

Too detailed for you?  Skim it and glance at the pics!  Perfect for where you are?  Read on, and enjoy...

2 comments:

Bridget E. said...

I'm LOVIN' every detail :) Soooo proud of you for continuing the chronicle - I know you'll make it all the way through!

kash said...

A beautiful story...

Post a Comment