Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Monday, January 2, 2012

Hello, 2K12!

The amount of things that have transpired between my last post and now....well, let's just say that it's a pretty big number.  We celebrated Tom's first Christmas at home with us--3 times, once with Hoffbeast's family, once with my family, and once here at home with just us.  It is so wonderful having him home!  At Christmas 2009, we had only just accepted his referral the month before and gotten to see our first video of him.  By Christmas 2010, we had been waiting for over a year and were ready for him to be home!  But God's timing is the best, and passing scrutiny was the good news that offset the bad news of the boiler going out--all on the same day!  We would start 2011 as vagabonds, camping out in the 3-digit days with our friends, Tim and Andrea.  Today, we watched the Packer game at their house, and as our then-combined 4 children has now grown to 7, we wondered if the neighbors were worried that we were back for another 3-month stint!

Tom is ours, and he is such a Hoffkid!  Perfectly fits in, and he and Beth played together this evening and then laughed for a half hour in the tub together (before finishing it off with screams that led to the end...lest the reader think that it's all giggles and smiles--just mostly!) just before saying nigh-night and slipping off to dreamland.  They are best buds, and it blesses my mama heart every time I see it.

Since I last wrote, we have traveled to my parents' and back, celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary and Christmas, and had our house broken into.  Oh yes, and.......the Big Reveal happened.  Better than any reality show I've ever seen on TV was the reality here at 2319 on the night of Dec. 20.  When Hoffbeast and his Trek were re-united.

By far my favorite Christmas/birthday gift I've ever given was the gift of getting his beloved, stolen-this-summer bike back!  I am incredibly thankful.  That last sentence, just so you know, is a pathetic description of how I feel.  I am grateful beyond words.  God chose, in His grace, to walk up to a haystack, reach His all-knowing hand down into it, and pull out a needle.  It was amazing to watch.  Thank you, Lord!!!!!!!

Everyone is asleep (Well, I hope that Rex is sleeping...he's at a sleepover tonight with his friend, J.), but the Christmas tree--which I fully intend to keep up 'til the end of the month--has beckoned.  I love this time of year in our house....thankful for this place we have called home for the last 7 years.  Thankful for life.  Thankful for health.  Thankful for His grace, for my friends, for my children and my hubby.  Thankful for the baby, born in Bethlehem.....who came and lived and died so that Life could really be lived.  May His name be praised forever and always....and this year--2012--may It be proclaimed, believed, lived, loved, and worshipped more each day in my own heart.  He alone is worthy.

2 comments:

kash said...

Thankful for you Sarah!!

Melanie B. said...

just. love. reading your posts, sarah! happy new year to you, jeff, and the family =)

Post a Comment