Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Friday, January 20, 2012

Thoughts on Inspired to ACTion

I just introduced myself on the Maximize your Mornings group on the Inspired to ACTion website.  Here is what I wrote:

Hi, Kat and everyone reading--
I am Hoffbeauty, and my dear friend just told me today about your site for the first time.  She and I are what we like to call "procrastifectionists", so we understand each others' pain.  Even now, I'm hesitating to start this process--or even to write--because I know that I will fail.  If I can't be perfect, then I just wait around, hoping that one day I might be.
Wrong!  I KNOW that I can't/won't be perfect, and that is the point of the Gospel.  Unfortunately, I often fall into the trap of believing that that which is false is, in fact, the truth.  Who will save me from this body (and mind) of sin and death?!?  Jesus will--and He has!
For a long time now, I have known that I need to grow in a number of discipline areas in my life.  I am not a very good cook (I don't enjoy it, so I never seem to get any better.); I really don't like doing laundry; and I tend to lose my patience easily.  Oftentimes, the reason that is behind the great dislike and the lack of patience is the fact that I haven't planned well--that I'm not disciplined.
I have been given the great privilege of raising four precious kiddos--9, 6, 3, and 2...and we are hoping that there will be more one day.  I feel like I genuinely need to see some growth in these areas so that our family can flourish!
(That was way more than just giving my name.  Oops.)
I want to get up in the morning because I want to be up and ready before my kids.  I know that my day always goes better all around when I have spent time focused on the Lord and His Word in the mornings.  I would like to never again be throwing together lunches when the kids are walking out the door.  I would like to put makeup on every now and then.  I need to exercise, and I never have time if not in the morning.  And I want to blog.  I seem to have an efficiency deficit, and I can't help but think that getting up early and giving my day to the One who made it and gave it to me in the first place would help me to know Him more and be more of the kind of wife, mother, friend, sister, and daughter that I want to be.
My obstacles?  I'm a night owl (I'm writing this with tons of energy at 12:16 a.m....and this is early for me.).  And I love the snooze button.  I actually enjoy getting to go back to sleep for a "few more minutes".  Of course, my husband hates hearing multiple alarms (Who can blame him?), and I am not loving him well by snoozing.
Thank you for what you are doing....I'm thankful that the Lord has led you to minister to so many women in this way, and I'm excited (and a little hopeful) that He might use you and others on here to grow me in His likeness.
-Hoffbeauty

free ebook for moms - maximize your mornings::

That's me.  That's where I am, folks.  If you are reading, will you come along on the MYM journey with me?  Will you pray that God will grow me in the very needed areas of discipline?  And will you rejoice at the work that He will certainly do?

Lord, you know how very weak I am.  You know that I long to be a better wife for Hoffbeast and a more patient, loving, and fun mama to Rex, Neil, Beth, and Tom.  The longings of my heart regarding my own effectiveness are never going to be met if I am operating in my flesh, and I admit right now that I have been doing that for far too long.  All my efforts fall short.  But praise God that I don't need good wife, perfect house, delicious cook, or patient mama righteousness.  Jesus plus nothing.  And because of His righteousness, I bow in worship and adoration, and I offer my meager, weak, sin-filled flesh to you for your purposes.  You can take the ashes that I offer and give back beauty.  Holy Spirit, I need you, and I'm sorry that I have disregarded your power.  May You shine and receive the honor and glory due You.  In Christ's Perfect Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment