Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Monday, December 5, 2011

People in our lives = thankful hearts

This is probably as close to a wax museum as I am ever going to get.  This summer, our new intern, Bridget, put her creative skills to work during our Here's Life Inner City conference days.  Our leadership often puts something on the center of the tables for the use of the people who concentrate better by working with their hands.  On this particular day, there were crayons and construction paper.  And Bridget came up with this.  It is pretty incredible, really, especially the part where Kara actually looks like Kara.  It's just so perfect!
I continue, all the time, to be so thankful for our team.  We live close to them, we play with them, we pray with them, we eat with them, we watch Packer games with them....we share life.  And I can't imagine it any other way.

And in the last 24 hours, I have been reminded that just because someone leaves our team or moves away, it doesn't mean that they are ever far from our hearts and minds.  Yesterday morning at church, we talked for awhile in the hallway with Marcia (former intern) and her husband, Greg.  They were a big part of our lives for a number of years, and when I tell Marcia that I really miss seeing her, I mean it.  Last evening, I got a text from Megan, our former housemate and my dear friend.  We only live 10 minutes from Megan and her family, but we rarely see them.  I go about my day, and it's fine, but when I think about it, I miss Megan a lot and wish I could spend more time with her.  I often think about her when I drive past the hospital where she works, which I do nearly every day--often more than once.  Megan and I began making plans for our families to have dinner together...that'll be great.  Last night, another former house-and-teammate, Rachel, texted, and we ended up talking on the phone for over an hour.  She and Juan were on our team for a combined total of seven years, and the things that the Lord taught us during part of that time still effect me every day.  I haven't talked to Rachel in months, but last night, there were few pleasantries--we just jumped right back into life together.

Our staff/interns/housemates over the years--Rachel, Juan, Marcia, Megan, Kara, Andrea, Tim, Teresa, Noel, Bridget, and Tang....they have loved our children and tolerated enjoyed their time with us, too.  We are so grateful.  God has blessed us richly with the people in our lives...

As for the above picture, things are a little different now...Tim and Andrea's twins have names now, Teresa is in Ohio raising support to join the Jacksonville HLIC team full time, and Noel is in Kansas getting ready for her January wedding.  Not everyone is here every day, day in and day out, but they are still a part of us.

Thank you, Lord.

The sweet, cute, fun, beautiful, single ladies currently on our team--   (l to r) Bridget, Kara, and Tang.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks, Sarah! So thankful for you. Last night and always!

Bridget E. said...

Awww, I really like this post :) And you. Also, the lighting on the pic of the 3 of us makes my hair look auburn! I hope it did wonders for your hair in our team pics too ;)
So glad to be part of your life!

kash said...

So thankful for your awesome team too!!

Post a Comment