It's December. November is over. Wow. Just like that.
I chatted on facebook tonight for a long time with a dear friend. She doesn't yet know Jesus, but I want her to so badly. She is going through some terribly difficult things, things which are causing her almost to despair. And I'm far away. I wish I could do a better job of explaining the Gospel to her in a way that she could understand. I am grateful that the Holy Spirit goes before our conversations and works in them--despite me.
This Saturday, we are going on the Great Happy Little Fleet Christmas Extravaganza! In other words, we are going on our annual Christmas tree hunt....one of our favorite days of the year. Of course, the forecast isn't very good, so that will be...different. Last year, it was perfect...a fresh snowfall made the field just gorgeous, and we got the most amazing tree (which we promptly did NOT get to decorate and enjoy because our boiler went out a few days later, and we were expelled from our house 'til March). We are hoping for some snow but will enjoy it regardless. The weather is always part of the adventure!
I have a couple of pretty sweet Christmas gifts in process. I am super excited about them but can't say too much here....people (big and little) read this! :)
I am getting my hair cut tomorrow. I can't wait.
WIG update for November: I am extremely grateful that I set the goals, and even though I didn't hit any of them, there were some improvements that I'm hoping will be lasting. There were a handful of evenings that I didn't go to bed at 10 o'clock, but for the most part, I did. And while I struggle with that still for reasons like getting to chat with my friend tonight (I don't want to be so strict about my going-to-bed time that I can't flex when people need me...people are more important.), I do believe that I need to stick with that goal and honestly, even move the bedtime earlier. Because for me, going to bed at 10 often meant turning out my light at 11. By the time I would wrap everything up, get ready for bed, and read for a bit, it was often 11. And I need to wake the kids up at 6:30 (And if I'm not up and ready already, my kids feel the brunt of my sleepiness, and I don't want that...people are more important.). See my dilemna? I'll keep working on it. As for the other goals, I blogged 26 times, I think. Not every day. Not 30. But 26! 26 is good! I love to write, and this space offers me a place to both write and record important events for our family...that is a good thing, and someday, people will appreciate it! :) Although I will say that I told Rex tonight that on my blog Episodes, we are in England! He said, "Hurry up, Mom! You only have 6 more months [before my self-imposed deadline]!"
The next few weeks look to be very, very busy....but I really want to embrace each moment. And not miss anything. I want to flourish by resting. To understand the rest of the Gospel. That when I am believing the Truth, there is rest. That Jesus understands. That He really, really does. And that He is Enough.
Tomorrow morning, Rex and Neil are in their first performance of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. They will perform it for most of the lower school, including both of their classes. That should be fun. Also fun should be figuring out all of what they need to take in the morning to school (costumes, etc.). I definitely should have figured that out already, but I haven't. Oops. I'll figure it out while I'm falling asleep.
It is strange to hear rain falling outside, in December. Where is the snow??!
I have so much for which to be thankful, it's ridiculous. Ridiculously amazing. God, you astound me. Reveal yourself to others I love. Astound them as well, showing them your mercy in every breath they take. May we each come and behold You and adore You this month and beyond...you are worthy, and I want to praise your name forever!
I chatted on facebook tonight for a long time with a dear friend. She doesn't yet know Jesus, but I want her to so badly. She is going through some terribly difficult things, things which are causing her almost to despair. And I'm far away. I wish I could do a better job of explaining the Gospel to her in a way that she could understand. I am grateful that the Holy Spirit goes before our conversations and works in them--despite me.
This Saturday, we are going on the Great Happy Little Fleet Christmas Extravaganza! In other words, we are going on our annual Christmas tree hunt....one of our favorite days of the year. Of course, the forecast isn't very good, so that will be...different. Last year, it was perfect...a fresh snowfall made the field just gorgeous, and we got the most amazing tree (which we promptly did NOT get to decorate and enjoy because our boiler went out a few days later, and we were expelled from our house 'til March). We are hoping for some snow but will enjoy it regardless. The weather is always part of the adventure!
I have a couple of pretty sweet Christmas gifts in process. I am super excited about them but can't say too much here....people (big and little) read this! :)
I am getting my hair cut tomorrow. I can't wait.
WIG update for November: I am extremely grateful that I set the goals, and even though I didn't hit any of them, there were some improvements that I'm hoping will be lasting. There were a handful of evenings that I didn't go to bed at 10 o'clock, but for the most part, I did. And while I struggle with that still for reasons like getting to chat with my friend tonight (I don't want to be so strict about my going-to-bed time that I can't flex when people need me...people are more important.), I do believe that I need to stick with that goal and honestly, even move the bedtime earlier. Because for me, going to bed at 10 often meant turning out my light at 11. By the time I would wrap everything up, get ready for bed, and read for a bit, it was often 11. And I need to wake the kids up at 6:30 (And if I'm not up and ready already, my kids feel the brunt of my sleepiness, and I don't want that...people are more important.). See my dilemna? I'll keep working on it. As for the other goals, I blogged 26 times, I think. Not every day. Not 30. But 26! 26 is good! I love to write, and this space offers me a place to both write and record important events for our family...that is a good thing, and someday, people will appreciate it! :) Although I will say that I told Rex tonight that on my blog Episodes, we are in England! He said, "Hurry up, Mom! You only have 6 more months [before my self-imposed deadline]!"
The next few weeks look to be very, very busy....but I really want to embrace each moment. And not miss anything. I want to flourish by resting. To understand the rest of the Gospel. That when I am believing the Truth, there is rest. That Jesus understands. That He really, really does. And that He is Enough.
Tomorrow morning, Rex and Neil are in their first performance of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. They will perform it for most of the lower school, including both of their classes. That should be fun. Also fun should be figuring out all of what they need to take in the morning to school (costumes, etc.). I definitely should have figured that out already, but I haven't. Oops. I'll figure it out while I'm falling asleep.
It is strange to hear rain falling outside, in December. Where is the snow??!
I have so much for which to be thankful, it's ridiculous. Ridiculously amazing. God, you astound me. Reveal yourself to others I love. Astound them as well, showing them your mercy in every breath they take. May we each come and behold You and adore You this month and beyond...you are worthy, and I want to praise your name forever!
2 comments:
Have a fun Christmas tree hunt!!!
Lovin' this post. Way to go on the wig's - I think you did a great job :)
And I like that you included the rest of the Gospel. So great.
Post a Comment