Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Stream: From my brain to yours...

There is lots to write about and not enough time to write it.  I have a running list of things I want to blog about, but once the kids are in bed and everything that I need to do in the evening is done, I'm tired.  Or it's 9:46 p.m., like right now.  And my bedtime is at 10:00.  Can't blog much in 14 minutes.

Tonight, my husband asked me the question, "Are you sewing?  Are you actually sitting there sewing?"  No, but I was ripping out a seam, which is sort of in the same category, right?  Turns out that we have moved onto Costume/outfit 2 of 4 that Rex needs this week:  a town crier costume.  Now, if I were my best friend from high school, Sasha, I would simply pull out my material, thread, and sewing machine and whip somthing up.  She's super duper creative that way.  And handy.  But unfortunately, Rex doesn't have Sasha for a mother; he's stuck with me.  So here was my plan:  go to the after-Halloween sales, find a costume that works (I did--a vampire costume that is perfect, minus the bat collar.), and alter it.  So I was ripping out the seam and removing said bat collar.  I felt slightly domestic for a moment.

There is a sub woofer working its magic outside right now.  Not quite rattling the windows, but close.

My legs and back ache, and my sneezes feel like I'm getting sick.  Uh oh.

Back to the town crier:  tomorrow morning, Rex gives his presentation on Medieval Farming.  The 4th graders at our school have been studying the Medieval period for the last few weeks, and it culminates in tomorrow's presentations (which parent are invited to) and feast (which they most certainly are not!).  Rex will lead the classes through the halls of the school as the town crier, announcing the coming of the queens (the 2 teachers).  His costume is awesome, and I can't wait to see him and the rest of his classmates tomorrow!

My friend, Jessica, has been on my mind all day.  Praying for her tonight as her husband lies in ICU, recovering from a very serious operation.  Praising God that he is alive and that he was able to talk to her tonight!

The house is quiet.  Neil had a rough day and was in bed by 6:30.  I wonder what time he'll be up tomorrow morning.  And I wonder if he'll remember these rough days when he grows up.

I like chocolate.  There is a lot of chocolate around here right now.

I leave you with a preview photo of Rex, the Town Crier...

2 comments:

kash said...

Love the town crier!! So much fun!

Melanie B. said...

His costume is AWESOME!!! Good for you =) And p.s...he is not 'stuck' with you for a mom; he is super blessed to have you for his mom!

Post a Comment