Have you heard the new buzzword? I hadn't. But now I have. WIGs....Wildly Important Goals. Word on the street is that having one goal isn't enough but having four or more is too many. Two or three goals is the optimum number for making sure that your goals are met.
So I have some personal WIGs for November:
1) Blog each day.
2) Do my Bible study each day. (We are studying Acts this year in BSF.)
3) Go to bed at 10 p.m. on school nights.
Blogging doesn't seem particularly important when you add the "wildly" adverb to the deal, but I'm going with it. As for the other two, these are both important area that have lacked discipline in my life. I am a night owl, so if I hit WIG #3, I will even be impressed with myself. Honestly, I just hardly believe that it's possible, as it's so against my default. But here, on Nov. 1, it seems like a good thing to shoot for....and actually try to hit. As for #2, I would prefer that it was such a part of my daily routine that it doesn't even need to be a WIG, but alas, it's not. I haven't had all of my BSF homework done even one time yet this year.
It is absolutely worth mentioning that, in my own strength and stick-to-itiveness, these goals will not be met. Period. I've tried that. Over and over, actually. But God actually can and does give strength to do what seems impossible when it will bring Him glory and when He so desires. So I am asking Him to strengthen me to meet these goals for His glory alone. I believe that recording what He is doing pleases His heart, studying His Word will draw me closer and make me more like Him, and getting to bed earlier will make our mornings go more smoothly and will help all around as we try to raise our kids well. I can try to pretend that lack of sleep doesn't effect me, but of course that's ridiculous. A tired mama most often = a slow morning, a short fuse, and a negative start to the day.
Looking forward to this month of WIGgin' it up, trusting God, and seeing what happens!
So I have some personal WIGs for November:
1) Blog each day.
2) Do my Bible study each day. (We are studying Acts this year in BSF.)
3) Go to bed at 10 p.m. on school nights.
Blogging doesn't seem particularly important when you add the "wildly" adverb to the deal, but I'm going with it. As for the other two, these are both important area that have lacked discipline in my life. I am a night owl, so if I hit WIG #3, I will even be impressed with myself. Honestly, I just hardly believe that it's possible, as it's so against my default. But here, on Nov. 1, it seems like a good thing to shoot for....and actually try to hit. As for #2, I would prefer that it was such a part of my daily routine that it doesn't even need to be a WIG, but alas, it's not. I haven't had all of my BSF homework done even one time yet this year.
It is absolutely worth mentioning that, in my own strength and stick-to-itiveness, these goals will not be met. Period. I've tried that. Over and over, actually. But God actually can and does give strength to do what seems impossible when it will bring Him glory and when He so desires. So I am asking Him to strengthen me to meet these goals for His glory alone. I believe that recording what He is doing pleases His heart, studying His Word will draw me closer and make me more like Him, and getting to bed earlier will make our mornings go more smoothly and will help all around as we try to raise our kids well. I can try to pretend that lack of sleep doesn't effect me, but of course that's ridiculous. A tired mama most often = a slow morning, a short fuse, and a negative start to the day.
Looking forward to this month of WIGgin' it up, trusting God, and seeing what happens!
1 comment:
WIGgin it up? You are so funny!!
Post a Comment