Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Monday, November 7, 2011

The Haircut

On Friday, Tom had his first haircut since being home with us.  He is such a handsome guy, and for quite awhile, I was diggin' his long hair.  But a few weeks ago, the length overtook his face, and it became apparent that it was finally time for a cut.
 He was pretty skeptical at first.  In fact, when we first sat him in the chair, Tom panicked and reached for me (and when he reaches, he doesn't let go easily!), so I ended up sitting in the chair with him in my lap.  After the major length was already off, it occured to me that I should be taking pictures.  I really wish I had gotten a picture of his halfway-through-the-cut mullet.  It was pretty sick (In other words, it was awesome!).
So most of the appointment went like the above pictures.  But then something happened.  Out came the clippers, and the giggles weren't far behind.  Tom wouldn't stop laughing!  Every time she brought the clippers close to his head, he would bust out in hilarious laughter and shrug up his shoulders so close to his ears that she could barely finish.  I was holding his head, but it didn't matter--the kid is strong!  And by the end, we were all laughing!  We didn't end with an entirely finished cut, but we did end with a kid who was smiling!

1 comment:

Post a Comment