All Scott and I did on Monday was wait. We were both aware that cultures operate differently and that we needed to be prepared for whatever! In India, there is LOTS of waiting around--and for an outsider, the reason isn't always apparent...waiting because someone is late, waiting because it is hot, waiting because someone wants you to wait. Who really knows? But we had waited a lot during the whole adoption process, so the fact that we would have to wait that day didn't surprise us.
Being told (finally, after waiting for over three hours at our hotel for "the guy" to come pick us up and take us to the passport office) that passport officials are no longer seeing foreigners on Mondays? Now THAT surprised us! ]
"Really? So, when was this arbitrary rule decided upon? This morning, probably?"
That's about how we responded.
And then we got moving. There was only so much waiting and doing nothing that we were willing to do. We needed the Lord to move, and were taking whatever steps we could think of to see if it was that step that He would use to get our son and daughter home. Scott went to call and update the orphanage as well as to let Tuna know what was going on, and I went to the computer to write and ask for prayer. This link will take you to the post I wrote that afternoon.
There was nothing more we could do, so we went to Basundhara to say goodbye...
Arriving at Basundhara was like coming home. I loved being there. Taking in every second so as to remember it and treasure it in my heart forever. One face that I will never ever forget is that of precious Naomi. And soon after arriving, I went looking for her, and there she was...
Being told (finally, after waiting for over three hours at our hotel for "the guy" to come pick us up and take us to the passport office) that passport officials are no longer seeing foreigners on Mondays? Now THAT surprised us! ]
"Really? So, when was this arbitrary rule decided upon? This morning, probably?"
That's about how we responded.
And then we got moving. There was only so much waiting and doing nothing that we were willing to do. We needed the Lord to move, and were taking whatever steps we could think of to see if it was that step that He would use to get our son and daughter home. Scott went to call and update the orphanage as well as to let Tuna know what was going on, and I went to the computer to write and ask for prayer. This link will take you to the post I wrote that afternoon.
There was nothing more we could do, so we went to Basundhara to say goodbye...
Arriving at Basundhara was like coming home. I loved being there. Taking in every second so as to remember it and treasure it in my heart forever. One face that I will never ever forget is that of precious Naomi. And soon after arriving, I went looking for her, and there she was...
Oh that face! Seered into my heart...I wanted to scoop her up and bring her home with me, too, but as I knew that wasn't possible, I vowed to help find her a family. And when I got home, I told everyone who would listen about this special little girl in India who needed a family. She would be assigned a new family, but it wouldn't be one that I knew.
(I've said this before, but I'll keep saying it...I so hope that one day I get to see her again or at the very least to hook up with her family so that I can give them all the videos and pictures that I have of their beautiful daughter. And yes, we would go back in a heartbeat and bring her home if they needed us to!)
(I've said this before, but I'll keep saying it...I so hope that one day I get to see her again or at the very least to hook up with her family so that I can give them all the videos and pictures that I have of their beautiful daughter. And yes, we would go back in a heartbeat and bring her home if they needed us to!)
Next I was off to look for Santoshi--her mama and daddy had asked me to take pictures, and I was only so happy to do so! :) When I found her, she was wearing nothing but her birthday suit, so her caregiver quickly found her pretty pink dress (Remember the Pink Dress Trio?) to put on her.
Other friends from her room...
I absolutely LOVE this picture of Santoshi and her caregiver!
Then, it was more pictures of Celina! Celina's mama wanted to sew her some clothes and had asked me to attempt to get measurements. I didn't do a great job at that, but I did get some wonderful new pictures, including this one of her with her caregiver.
The caregivers were so sweet and the love was so obvious. What a great place for our kids to be while they waited for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment