Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Intern Explosion!

I love working with our interns!  This year, my role changed dramatically as I gave up directorship of the program after doing that job for 10 years.  The new director, Debby, was actually my New Staff field trainer when I first came on staff--she was a blessing to me then, and she's a blessing to me now as well!  I love working with her and am SO grateful that the Lord has raised her up for such a time as this.

I am continuing to be on the intern team, but my capacity has changed.  I am now working primarily with the placement part of the process as well as continuing in my role on the Intern Coordinator team with the ICs from the Campus Ministry of Cru.  In addition, I am helping Debby as she continues to transition into this role and acting as a consultant of sorts.

This year, we had 12 new interns accepted!  AMAZING!  Please pray with and for these precious ladies as they raise support this summer and prepare to move to their new cities in August/September.  May Jesus be glorified, and may our cities be CHANGED as these interns step out in faith and trust Him with this next year.
TWIN CITIES--Kristin, Becca, Alyssa, and Renae
CHICAGO--Brittnee and Toni (shown here with Chicago staff woman and MPD coach Bethany, center)
ATLANTA--Michelle (above) and Laura (below)
MILWAUKEE--Caitlin, Cheryl, Anna, and Katharine
Yes, we have FOUR interns joining our team this fall!  We are so excited about how God has led them to ministry and specifically to our city.  Three of the four were students on our summer project, so it's so fun to see them coming back!  We can't wait to be a tiny part of what God is doing in them as He breaks their hearts, motivates them toward ministry, and uses them in others' lives, growing them in Christ more and more as they go.

Praise God for what He will do in and through each of these women!

No comments:

Post a Comment