Sunday, May 22--Karen, Rex, Lipily and I had enjoyed our Domino's lunch (and the really cold AC) so much earlier that day that we decided to head there again for dinner, especially since Hoffbeast and Scott had their eyes on a traditional Indian-fare restaurant right down from there.
And here it is--my first recorded Lipily smile! :) Isn't she just beautiful??!
Tom was only too happy to join in on the Indian-food dinner--he ate so much! To this day, one of Tom's favorite meals is chicken and rice, although I never prepare it with as much spice as it had that night!
Who doesn't like a cold Sprite on a hot day? (Seriously, when I look at these pictures, I can almost feel how good it felt in that dining room!)
Daddy and his little buddy!
Tom really liked feeding Daddy...it was so sweet--and just a little messy! ;)
Okay, it was a lot messy! Good thing the Domino's staff liked us, because we left such a mess on the floor...I love this picture, because in it, Hoffbeast is just noticing how bad it was. Hee hee. We left a big tip!
After dinner, it was time for another bath and then bed...but first, a few more coveted (because they were so rare at the time) cuddles with my new little...
I had brought a couple of movies and the whole first season of The Cosby Show on our trip, so while Daddy and Little Brother slept, Rex and I tried to watch the Huxtables...to no avail, as we couldn't get our computer's DVD player to work. So we made the best of it and went down to the hotel's cafe for a little before-bed snack instead. When we got back to the room, sleep came quickly for Rex, and when it did, I headed back downstairs, where I penned this post from the computer in the hotel lobby. The next day was to be a hugely important day, as Scott and I were heading to the Passport Office to see what we could find out about Tom's and Lipily's passports. I shared prayer requests, then headed back upstairs to the room and spent some time (a nightly routine on the trip) with my good friend, Mary Beth Chapman, before retiring. Every moment of our trip was special, and I was grateful for her Christ-centered words about adoption and about choosing to see God at work that made the quiet moments come to life.
1 comment:
very sweet and love seth's commentary! :)
Post a Comment