We've been discussing adoption (as usual) a lot recently, seeing as how we are coming up on Tom's first Gotcha Day, and the topic of "Will we adopt another child, and where will he/she come from?" was on the table. Beth often reminds us that she wants a "little sister AND a big sister," and Rex reiterated that he is fine with us adopting an older girl, as long as she isn't older than him.
After that, the conversation went a little something like this...
"I like being the oldest, because I like teaching the little kids things. As I told everybody last night after dinner when I was playing with [my friend, Andrea's] twins, 'They don't call me "The Baby Whisperer" for nothing!' Then I imagined in my head that they were saying, 'They don't call you "The Baby Whisperer" at all!"
Later, he told me that he hadn't actually imagined that but was just saying it to make me laugh. Which, of course, worked. I laughed quite a bit, actually. Not sure if it translates well in print, but it was funny!
Also, last night after dinner, Rex was entertaining with his antics, and somehow the topic of nursery rhymes/kids' songs came up, including "Skip to my Lou". Rex wondered aloud, "What does that even mean, "Skip to the Loo?" as he goes skipping off....to the loo!
(By the way, I looked up the origin of the song...fascinating! Thank you, Google!)
Last night, a couple of our new interns were over for dinner, one of them meeting Rex for the very first time. They were in for quite the comedy hour last night!
After that, the conversation went a little something like this...
"I like being the oldest, because I like teaching the little kids things. As I told everybody last night after dinner when I was playing with [my friend, Andrea's] twins, 'They don't call me "The Baby Whisperer" for nothing!' Then I imagined in my head that they were saying, 'They don't call you "The Baby Whisperer" at all!"
Later, he told me that he hadn't actually imagined that but was just saying it to make me laugh. Which, of course, worked. I laughed quite a bit, actually. Not sure if it translates well in print, but it was funny!
Also, last night after dinner, Rex was entertaining with his antics, and somehow the topic of nursery rhymes/kids' songs came up, including "Skip to my Lou". Rex wondered aloud, "What does that even mean, "Skip to the Loo?" as he goes skipping off....to the loo!
(By the way, I looked up the origin of the song...fascinating! Thank you, Google!)
Last night, a couple of our new interns were over for dinner, one of them meeting Rex for the very first time. They were in for quite the comedy hour last night!
No comments:
Post a Comment