Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Time with the Twins

On Friday, I went over to the home of our dear friends, Andrea and Tim, to babysit.  Andrea was a part of a S.A.Y. Yes! training that Here's Life hosted this weekend, so Beth, Tom, and I went over and hung out all day with N, their 2 1/2-year-old son, and S & E, their 7-month-old twins.  We love this family like, well, family!

But Tom has a particular affection for E.  As in, I think he loves her.

When we were at my parents' house in March, Tom spent 20 minutes stroking E's hair while she was in her bouncy seat--with his little legs pushed underneath the seat, he sat and talked to her and sang to her and made her giggle.  It was priceless.

Any other boys out there with their eyes on E had better watch out!

When we arrived on Friday, the twins were napping.  But soon after, E woke up, and when I brought her downstairs, Tom looked at her and said, "Baby cute!  That's my E, Mom!"

His intonation and determination were so precious.  Yep, I think he loves her all right.

Later, I was feeding E, and Beth was right next to me, trying to be so helpful in her own way.  So I asked her if she would help me if God gives us another baby.  She said that she wants twins and that if we get twins, she will take care of the girl and I can take care of the boy.

"Okay, Mom?" she asked.

I told her that she would have to talk to Jesus about the whole thing.  So she prayed...

"Jesus, please give us twins like NaunAnd (her name for Andrea)....they're really cute!  Don't give us boys.  No, no, no!  PLEASE??!"

"I think He heard me, Mama," she concluded.

Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment