Today is the day......we've made it! Tom's appointment for cast removal/doctor's checkup starts at 10:30 this morning. We are SO ready!
I must say, though, that besides the fact that I haven't been caught up on housework/laundry since before the surgery, we have been fine this month....Tom is amazingly resilient, and his bright smile and cheerful spirit was not hindered one bit by the 3 logs he's been lugging around on his limbs. (Okay, maybe it was hindered for a few days, but that was expected.)
I get a little knot in my stomach when I think about today, but I just take a deep breath, cry out to the Lord again, acknowledging my trust in His plan, and move on. After all, whatever is underneath those casts is unfamiliar. The way his hands and foot have healed will determine whether we go through this all again in a few months, or if we will wait a year or so for the next surgery. Also, we aren't planning for any therapy, but we have to see...his right hand is the most likely to need some help, and if he does need it, we've already met the Occupational Therapist that we would work with, and she's great!
One prayer request for the appointment is that Tom won't be scared...apparently, cast removal is loud (They use a saw?!), and when he gets scared, his little nose beads up with sweat, and he fights! And he's very, very strong for a 3-year-old, so a scared Tom having to sit through 3 cast removals could be....interesting. Please pray that he would be calm and that he could continue being the brave little guy that he's been through this whole process thusfar. I love him!
Stay tuned....
I must say, though, that besides the fact that I haven't been caught up on housework/laundry since before the surgery, we have been fine this month....Tom is amazingly resilient, and his bright smile and cheerful spirit was not hindered one bit by the 3 logs he's been lugging around on his limbs. (Okay, maybe it was hindered for a few days, but that was expected.)
I get a little knot in my stomach when I think about today, but I just take a deep breath, cry out to the Lord again, acknowledging my trust in His plan, and move on. After all, whatever is underneath those casts is unfamiliar. The way his hands and foot have healed will determine whether we go through this all again in a few months, or if we will wait a year or so for the next surgery. Also, we aren't planning for any therapy, but we have to see...his right hand is the most likely to need some help, and if he does need it, we've already met the Occupational Therapist that we would work with, and she's great!
One prayer request for the appointment is that Tom won't be scared...apparently, cast removal is loud (They use a saw?!), and when he gets scared, his little nose beads up with sweat, and he fights! And he's very, very strong for a 3-year-old, so a scared Tom having to sit through 3 cast removals could be....interesting. Please pray that he would be calm and that he could continue being the brave little guy that he's been through this whole process thusfar. I love him!
Stay tuned....
No comments:
Post a Comment