Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Our Cramazing May, Episode XXXII: Mama's First Cuddle, Our First Night as a Family

Saturday, May 21--Back at the hotel, it was time for lice removal.  We were very glad that we had brought the kit, and it was pretty obvious from Tom's scratching above his ears that we needed to use it.  Daddy held Tom in the shower while I shampooed his hair...he did pretty well, all things considered, but my favorite favorite part of the day..............was this moment:
My heart sighs all over again when I see these pictures.  He had kept his distance all day--and probably would have continued to, had Daddy not stayed in the mean shower--but since Daddy wasn't an option at this moment, he decided to give Mama a try.
I guarantee you, it didn't last.  As soon as Daddy was there, he only wanted him, but I sure did enjoy my few minutes of snuggle time!
Combing nits (Gives a whole new meaning to the word "nitpicking".) was more of a bonding experience, as mom and dad had to really begin taking care of our new son's health and hygiene quickly.  Those first couple of hours together back in our room were so special...I just kept staring at him thinking, "This is really it!  He's really here!  We're really here!"
And then....exhaustion.  And the most amazing thing....Tom slept the whole night long!  (And really hasn't looked back....he's always been a fantastic sleeper!)  The funny thing about this picture that you might notice is that.......there's no room in the king-sized bed for me!  We had gotten a floor mattress for Rex to use, but he fell asleep, and the boys looked so comfy that I didn't want to disturb them.  I wasn't sleeping much anyway, so it made more sense.  But I like giving Hoffbeast and Rex a hard time about making the Mama sleep on the floor!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment