This is what the boys looked like on the day we sent in our application to adopt from India. It was over 2 years ago now....on THE VERY DAY that Jagat was born. Of course, we didn't know that at the time.
That should remind me to trust in the timing that God has set forth. He has known this story from the beginning until now...and He will see it through to the end.
I was very discouraged over the weekend, and I spent hours pouring over information that I got from an online adoption group I'm in, just trying to get any nugget that would give me clues as to when we should go. I came up with very little except a whole lotta doubts, misgivings, and anti-trust issues. But God sent who I needed: the body of Christ in the form of two friends who listened and prayed last night and then in the form of our CCC staff team here in our city. It was wonderful to be able to pray together all day with other staff (It was our bi-annual Day of Prayer today.) and to get my heart and mind refocused a bit on the One who is truly writing this story.
Having said all of that, Hoffbeast and I are considering a trip to India at the end of next week! He's still not convinced, but I'm thinking that the passport should be done by then, and even if it's not, at least we will have been able to visit Baby J (who is no longer a baby) and begin the bonding process. And I'm also thinking...that we serve a big God who can remove all of the obstacles in our way. Not a little god who has no real power; but a big God who spoke and the stars leapt into existence. If He holds everything together by the word of His mouth, he can certainly figure out how to get a picture and a few little words printed onto a piece of paper for us.
We don't want to be double-minded, and we need wisdom that can only be given by Him. Give us wisdom, Lord, and then give us faith to believe and to act according to the wisdom you have given.
No comments:
Post a Comment