Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Facebook Status Check

For those of you waiting for an update on our adoption travels (and other things happening around here), here's a glimpse at my FB statusii for the last couple of weeks, the most pertinent being the last one from today...

March 19:  Cleaning the floors in the house...sooooo excited that we get to move home soon!

March 22:  I have so much to do today! Praying for a productive day at the office!

March 23:  HOME!!!

March 25:  Doctors visit today....Beth isn't feeling well, and Rex is getting his shots for our trip. A bad and a good.

March 26:  Hoffbeauty would be lying if she said she wasn't just a wee bit stressed.

March 31:  Decision day: will the guardianship order come today, or won't it?

March 31:  I've sent 63 emails in the last 24 hours. It's busy season around here, people!

April 1:  Okay, our agency is closed on Fridays, so now the last of the wait begins. Agency rep told us that they will monitor emails this weekend and will let us know if the guardianship order is received. Suggested that we wait until Monday to make any changes to our itinerary. We agreed. But Monday is it....I can't stay in limbo-land any longer. :(

April 3:  It's Sunday early a.m. No news yet. I am sad, but am choosing to believe that God has good reasons for us needing to wait, if indeed He changes our plans. He is always good.

April 3:  Do you see that little yellow part of India on my profile pic? I want to go to there.

April 4:  My 3-year-old just said "texting". "What are you texting, Mommy?" And so it begins...

April 4:  Guess what? It's a national holiday in India today. Yippee.

April 4:  The downside: the Butler Bulldogs lose. The upside: Luther Vandross is back!!!

April 5:  TWO of my good friends had babies yesterday....pretty amazing! Now if I could only get my hands on our guardianship order, I could join them in the baby celebrating!

April 6:  This is it. What's it gonna be? Yay or nay?!

April 6:  It's a no. Sad day here. But just this morning, I said to a friend about a completely different situation, "This is a huge lesson for us to trust God when we receive something that sounds like bad news." Guess I get to practice what I preach now. Thank you, God, for being in this with us...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is a bummer when you can't join your friends in the baby celebrating. and the waiting is hard. but alas you are waiting and will have your child in the end. hope you'll have a certain "fb" status for us soon.

kash said...

So sorry you did not get the news that you wanted to so much!!! Trusting God with you through the bad news...

Post a Comment