Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Friday, April 15, 2011

A (Hotel) Room with a View

For the last eight years, I have had the privilege of working with our Here's Life Inner City interns, processing their applications, setting up city interviews, and placing them on city teams.  This year has been a lot crazier than normal, simply because of the intense, having-nothing-to-do-with-interns things going on in my life right now.  But time has marched on, and the Intern Kickoff Weekend that I attend each spring has arrived; I am here, in a hotel, accompanied by 130 interns, 8 of whom belong with HLIC and will be working in New York City, Chicago, Milwaukee, and the Twin Cities next year.

This hotel room has a view--and a much needed one.  The view is called Perspective.  Here, I see why God placed certain people where.  I see why we had yet another intern added onto the team just this week.  I see why one of our interns got stuck in Nebraska's April snowstorm and isn't able to be here.  And I see why I am not flying to India on Monday.

Do I see the view perfectly?  No.  But a little perspective goes a long way, and my ability to trust God with the ups and downs of this wait to travel has gone up by leaps and bounds over the last few days.  I can now say "Thank you!" for not allowing us to go yet.  Not something I was saying at this time last week.

I have so many pictures to share--of so many things:  more pics of Jag, pics of our house, pics of our adventure with our fabulous hosts of 3 1/2 months.  There's no time like the present to start the show-n-tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment