Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year News

It is late.  Early, really.  The wee hours of the morning on January 2, 2013. 

2013.  How did we get here?

I'm not sure, but I'm not gonna lie about the fact that I'm fine seeing 2012 go.  It was a hard year for me personally in a lot of ways, many of which are parts of the reason that I basically became a non-blogger for the 2nd half of the year.  Rex told me today that I should quit my blog.

No, son.  This blog is here to stay.

It still is my attempt at capturing in words and pictures the life of our family.  And seeing as how the scrapbooking materials that I borrowed from my friend years ago are still sitting in the same spot they were at the beginning of 2011, I'd say that this is a way better venue for capturing family moments than that is.

I guess my friend isn't that great at scrapbooking either, huh?  ;)

For example, where else can I record, for my children and their children to read in years to come........that we are pregnant.  With twins.

Yes, I said it.  And yes, it's true.

WE'RE PREGNANT WITH TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We haven't told everyone yet, but seeing as how my 3 blog readers already know, I think I'm safe here.

It's an unbelievable blessing.  Two babies, precious lives formed by God inside my womb.  I can hardly believe it.

But the fact that I can barely keep any food down helps me believe it.  Oh, I've been sick.  But it's been oh. so. worth. it.

The reality is that as of last check, one of the babies ("Angel" or "Andy", depending on who you're asking) wasn't doing very well.  So we are praying fervently that God would touch him or her and continue to give life and breath.  We go back on Jan. 10 and will know for sure then.

Until that day, I am grateful to the Lord for His incredible mercy and undeserved gifts.  I am a MoT.  A Mother of Twins.  And I am blessed.

Happy 2013.........welcome, new year, and all you will bring!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Way to jump back in, Shoffman! And with quite the post - I love it :) So excited to for you and to be praying with you!

Dave and Joy said...

I love you...and all seven of your babies. Praying with you!

Hoffbeauty said...

You guys are great! Thank you for your comments...and for loving our family so well!

Post a Comment