Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Our Growing Happy Little Fleet

Sometimes, I can't believe I'm really pregnant.  Carrying a child inside your body is, without a doubt, one of the most amazing things a women can go through.  (Many would say it is THE most amazing thing, but I know different, thank you Neil and Tom.)  The reality that life is happening inside and, in a sense, separate from you, is astounding, miraculous, and mind-boggling.

And I am experiencing it yet again.  Amazing.  Really, really amazing.

The Hub and I spent almost a whole year hoping to be pregnant, but it wasn't happening.  Month after month, the answer was no.  God was good in His answer.

And then He said yes.

Twice.

He is still good in His answer.

As we have told people our news, some have called us crazy.  We have even looked at each other and joked, "Are we crazy?"

But no........no, we're not crazy.  We are walking with Jesus, choosing to trust that when He says that children are blessings from Him, He means it.  Choosing that HE is the One who makes and takes life, that HE knows what is best for our family, that HE has the means and ways of making His best known and providing for us in the midst.

Will I be tired?   Yes.  Does "retirement" get pushed back a little later?  Yes.  Will our resources be stretched a bit thinner?  Yes.  Will I regret one single nanosecond of holding my children in my arms?

Um........a resounding no.  No, no, no.

Two babies.  What a profound miracle!  Our babies are most likely identical.  One egg which just happened to decide to split and become two.  God is awesome.

I go back to the doctor on Thursday.  She is expecting to see one baby thriving and one baby dying.

I am expecting to see God at work.

God, the Maker and Taker, Sustainer and Life-giver, Breath and Health, Great Physician, All-knower, All-lover, and All-trustworthy One.

I'm not sure what exactly my eyes will see as I look on the ultrasound screen, but I know for a fact that I will be watching the work of a Sovereign God, the One I serve, love, and to whom I have given my life and my dreams and my future and my all.

Because I can trust Him, all is well with my soul.

1 comment:

melanie said...

Ahhh Sarah...you are beautiful.

Post a Comment