It's 11 p.m. here on the east coast, and after weeks of no blogging, my mind is bursting with ideas, thoughts, memories to get down on paper. It's quiet...Hoffbeast is sleeping, and unlike last night, the noises from the street below are almost non-existant. It's the perfect moment to write again.
We are in NYC. For Hoffbeast, it's only his 2nd time here. For me, I was here last month. It's my 7th trip, and I'm beginning to really like it here. Mind you, four of those trips were drive ins where I was here for less than 12 hours. Even so, I feel like I'm beginning to know my way around, and the city is becoming quite familiar. It's an amazing place, really.
We are staying at a hotel in Queens, here for Christmas in New York, an annual donor event for HLIC. This is our first year coming, and we are here with one other couple and about 60 of our closest new friends. We experienced so very much in this one short day, from hearing Tim Keller speak to ministry site visits to the 9/11 Memorial to seeing the Rockettes Christmas Extravaganza. I feel like such a privileged person....why do I get to have this life??! God is gracious!
Our kids are being lovingly cared for by our dear friend, teammate, and loyal blog reader, Bridget. THANK YOU, B!!!!!! We miss them but know that they are being well cared for....we are grateful beyond words.
What was supposed to be a stream from my conscience has turned into an update on our whereabouts. I think I'm continue the theme and leave you with some photographs from our day...
Hoffbeast and me at Rockefeller Plaza. The very beautiful Christmas tree had just been officially lit a few days before, and the crowd of people coming to see it was huge! I wonder if it will be that busy all month long?!
We are in NYC. For Hoffbeast, it's only his 2nd time here. For me, I was here last month. It's my 7th trip, and I'm beginning to really like it here. Mind you, four of those trips were drive ins where I was here for less than 12 hours. Even so, I feel like I'm beginning to know my way around, and the city is becoming quite familiar. It's an amazing place, really.
We are staying at a hotel in Queens, here for Christmas in New York, an annual donor event for HLIC. This is our first year coming, and we are here with one other couple and about 60 of our closest new friends. We experienced so very much in this one short day, from hearing Tim Keller speak to ministry site visits to the 9/11 Memorial to seeing the Rockettes Christmas Extravaganza. I feel like such a privileged person....why do I get to have this life??! God is gracious!
Our kids are being lovingly cared for by our dear friend, teammate, and loyal blog reader, Bridget. THANK YOU, B!!!!!! We miss them but know that they are being well cared for....we are grateful beyond words.
What was supposed to be a stream from my conscience has turned into an update on our whereabouts. I think I'm continue the theme and leave you with some photographs from our day...
Tim Keller speaking to us with the beautiful Manhattan skyline behind him. His devotional was, as expected, challenging, motivating, and Gospel-centered.
Our first foray into Manhattan...crossing over the East River on the Queensboro Bridge. The new One World Trade (Freedom Tower) is seen in the distance next to the large building on the left.
Lunch was served at the HLIC-New York office. Here, Glen introduces Pastor Andrew, one of our ministry partners in NYC. The beautiful mural behind them was painted by Megan, one of our former Milwaukee SITC students.
A typical subway photograph, except...what do you think Hoffbeast is thinking?
The memorial waterfall pool on the footprint of the former north tower at the World Trade Center.
The north tower memorial with the lower portion of the new 1WTC behind it.
Radio City Music Hall, home of the famous Rockettes and the Christmas Extravaganza
Hoffbeast and me at Rockefeller Plaza. The very beautiful Christmas tree had just been officially lit a few days before, and the crowd of people coming to see it was huge! I wonder if it will be that busy all month long?!
2 comments:
how fun!! I've missed your blog posts...you need to post more often my friend! Can we plan on getting together sometime soon? I'll come to you if that is easier...I'll even bring lunch! :) call me or message me when you get home.
Thanks for the caption adds... I recognized everything except George M. Cohan. I'm pretty sure Jeff was standing in a stinky pocket of the subway car. :) Looking forward to part 2 of this entry!
Post a Comment