Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Saturday, March 26, 2011

My neck hurts...

...because I've been propped up here on the couch for the last hour watching The Amazing Race online.  You see, I went to bed a couple of hours ago, but a conversation with Jeff about our travel plans left him snoring and me tossing and turning.  I'm glad he's sleeping.  I really am.  But me...there was no sleep coming-only lists.  Many, many lists in my head.  Nothing like a little reality television to take your mind off of things.

Or not.  Because every time Hellman's Mayonaisse came on to tell me that it loves me (L-O-V-E, love, love, love, love!), my mind raced again.  How am I going to get everything done in the next 2 weeks that needs to get done?

I'm sure that if I read back over my blog from the last few years, I've asked that question many times.  The answer?  God always gives me what I need in order to finish what I need.  And He will again here, too.  But for now, I find myself in a bit of a paralysis, asking Him to get me moving again.

We're home.  And it feels soooooooooo good.  Can't even say how good.  But the dishwasher isn't quite working.  And I have half a dozen loads of laundry still to do.  And Beth is sick and on an antibiotic.  And we still haven't gotten our guardianship order.  And there is a bunch of drywall/plaster to repair on our house.  And we still need to get the rest of our shots.  And a stroller.  And a surgeon for Jag.  And our tickets.  And Rex's visa.

And I have to do placement for our interns in the next 2 weeks, too.  Oh, Lord, help me.  Don't allow my shortcomings to affect our interns.

There are 5 major categories that I see:  HOUSE ORDER, INTERN PLACEMENT, TRIP DETAILS, HOMECOMING PREP, and FAMILY LIFE.

And now, the first 3 things that come to mind in each category:

h.o.--
-get drywall/plaster repaired
-catch up on laundry
-move everything home from friends' house and put away

i.p.--
-sign up for intern kickoff weekend
-finalize status of remaining applicants
-set up phone interviews

t.d.--
-reserve hotel rooms for jeff
-buy tickets for rex and me
-contact driver and arrange for transportation to and from orphanage

h.p.--
-get all needed information so that we can be in best position to make decision about surgeon
-decide on jag's official name
-buy a double stroller to replace the one stolen with our van last summer

f.l.--
-go visit grandma again before trip
-get beth well
-write thank yous from florida trip

Okay, that doesn't even include the various duties that I have at the office related to non-intern ministry items.  Also doesn't include all things related to getting Rex's new room ready.

Oh goodness.

Pray for us, please.  I know that God is in control, and that truth sustains me. 

Go before me, Lord.  Order my steps as I seek what I should be doing with each minute of my day tomorrow.  I don't want to waste time, and I want to honor you with my attitudes and my actions as I go.  I confess that my attitudes have not always been God-honoring lately.  Stress is showing up in the way I speak to my children.  Lord God, you don't speak to me that way--ever.  Even in your discipline, there is gentleness and control.  May I be saturated by an awareness of your presence so that I walk in your way and model your love.  In Christ's name, I pray....Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's why I said "May, maybe." I'll be alright. Just go and get ready and we'll catch up in May, maybe :)

Rachel said...

Aw, wish I was there to wash some laundry for you or something! Recruit helpers! Recruit helpers! Recruit helpers! :-) I'll be praying.

Post a Comment