Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Friday, March 11, 2011

Adoption -and Life- Update

It was almost 18 months ago that we first laid eyes on his picture.  Months and months of waiting, hoping that this time would be here.  And yet, now that it's here, I'm having trouble fully wrapping my mind around it.

I talked with a travel agent today, and work is underway to buy a ticket for Jeff.  Rex and I will hold off on buying ours yet, as we still haven't heard word that the guardianship order has been received by the orphanage.  It has now been 5 weeks (We were told 2-3 weeks.).

Jeff will leave on April 8.  Let me say that again....April 8!!!!!  And he won't come back until he comes home with Jag.  WHAT??!!

Yes, we are once again combining our adoption trip with another international stop and coming up with quite the adventure!  Jeff has to be in Turkey for the culmination trip of the Senior Leadership Initiative that he has been a part of the last 2 years, so he will be there from April 9-19 and then will head to India from there.  Hopefully Rex and I will then be able to meet him there and get on with the business of meeting our precious new son and brother and bringing him HOME.

We went to the post office today and applied for an expedited passport for Rex.  Who knew that childrens' passports are only good for 5 years??!  I'm sure lots of people knew that, but I'm not one of them.  I could not believe it when Jeff pointed out to me that Rex's passport had expired.  We still will have to apply for his visa after receiving his passport, so there is still work to be done there.

Let's just say that we have a lot to get done before we leave for India.

-Get shots for Rex (and any remaining ones that Jeff and I need).
-Finalize doctors for Jag so that surgery can happen soon after his homecoming.
-Repair the wall in Rex's new room; refinish/carpet floor; paint.
-Switch kiddos around...Rex to his new room, Neil up to the top bunk, Beth to Neil's room.
-Oh yes, MOVE BACK HOME.
-Finalize details of where Neil and Beth will be while we are gone.
-Print out Power of Attorney letters for Neil and Beth's caretakers for while we are gone.
-Buy a new car seat and stroller.
-Decide on Jag's new name.
-Read Toddler Adoption: The Weaver's Craft.
-Pack....for 6 people going a bunch of different places.

Whoa.  I'm sure there are more things, but that's certainly enough for my list on here.  I have been extremely weepy lately...lots of paper-pregnancy hormones going on around here.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with being overwhelmed by life right now.

I didn't even mention my job with the interns.  In the next month, I have to see them accepted and interviewed and placed and trained.  We have 13 in process.

Our house...drumroll, please...the heat was turned on today!!!!!!!  The guys had to "chase leaks" so that was what they've been working on the last few days, but starting on Monday night, I plan to be at our house, cleaning and cleaning and cleaning and cleaning and...getting it ready for a next weekend move-in.

I am tired.  And energized, too, at times.  But mostly tired right now.  How will I ever sleep for the next month?

But you know what I am besides tired?  Thankful.  I am thankful.  I have amazing friends and a beautiful family.  On my birthday the other night, I looked around as they were singing to me, and I couldn't believe the blessings of my life.  Completely undeserved.  Completely given.  Gifts of grace, all around me.  Lord, give me eyes to see the blessings and faith to walk when I forget to see.  Moment by moment, may I choose to walk with You, my Refuge and Shelter.

1 comment:

Bridget E. said...

Oh Sarah, you're head must be exploding with details! Praying for you and everything ranging from the huge to the minute.
Much love - looking forward to helping where I can!

Post a Comment