It seems impossible that I'm this far along. I'm always aware of my pregnancy--that's for sure!--but considering where we were in January, things are going very well, and the concerns have been pushed aside in many respects. I am so thankful for that.
22 weeks. Just 2 more weeks, and the risks begin to drop like flies. Amazing.
And yet....the reality of our situation still remains. One of our babies is doing well while the other is not. I have been enthusiastically responding to the question of, "Do you know the gender?" with "They are twin boys!" Because the reality is that I don't know how long we will have both of them, so while we do, we rejoice.
Bart and Aaron still haven't been officially named....the daddy just can't seem to confirm what the mommy already knows. ;)
My appointment with my OB last week was another good one. Bart's heart rate was solidly in the 140s, and I have finally started gaining weight! In fact, in 2 weeks, I had gained 6 pounds! That's really good considering the fact that it took me to 20 weeks before I had surpassed my pre-pregnancy weight....I just couldn't eat much for so long!
But now....I eat. I eat often. I'm at that stage now where the hunger strikes at a moment's notice. And I must eat. The other evening, Hoffbeast was heading out the door to run to the store for milk, of which we were completely out. I needed milk for my night-cap cereal break. But with coat on and keys in hand, he stopped to talk about something with me. A few minutes into the conversation, I said, "I need milk." He smiled and said, "Wow. You are so done with this conversation, aren't you?" "Yep," said I. And out the door went my knight in shining armor........who returned promptly with milk. :)
The babies are moving around a lot now, and I am enjoying it every single time. Beth even got to feel a kick yesterday! It is pretty obvious that Bart is hanging out on my right side, as most of the kicks are centralized there.
There's my most recent update....there's not much else to share, which at this point, is a good thing.
Thank you for praying, and please...don't stop. I am keenly aware that another complication could arise at any moment. Last night, while up for my middle-of-the-night trip to the bathroom, I had a terribly sharp pain that was different from any I remember feeling before. I will be calling the doctor later today, just to let them know. As soon as I got back to bed, the pain went away, and the babies started moving, so I am assuming that all is well, but anything out of the ordinary is a concern.
Our family appreciates your prayers so much....we are honored that God has chosen to use you in this way. Thank you for the online comments, the cards, the meals, and the babysitting help, too....His people are joining us, and we are blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment