Tuesday seems to be the day that I write. You all are so kind oto pray for us so faithfully and to write such dear and sincere comments. I am thankful.
I was talking to a friend on the phone the other day, and she asked if there was one thing that someone has done that has been especially helpful. Yes, there have been many...
Yesterday, I received a package in the mail. It was from a supporter whose church has a prayer shawl ministry where they knit shawls for people going through difficult things. As they knit, they pray. The shawl is beautiful and warm, and I am so grateful for this tangible act of love.
I found the blog of another mom who has gone through the same kind of pregnancy that we are. Every word she wrote (which I read in practically one sitting) resonated within my heart and was very helpful as we walked the early days of this diagnosis. In addition, our staff friends, Brad and Michelle, have also walked this road before us. Having them in our corner is incredibly reassuring, not because their outcome was desired, but because they have been there...and they understand.
A woman I didn't previously know very well at church has taken up our cause. She has chosen to not say, "Let me know if there's anything I can do to help," which is what most people--including me--say in crisis times. She, instead, has been proactive in helping and in showing signs of love, prayer, and overall concern. She has prepared a meal, organized a prayer meeting, given me her extra pre-natal vitamins, researched possible doctors for me, and in the most amazing and tangible way, she and some friends are also knitting and praying. They are praying through Psalm 139 as they knit palm-sized hearts and ask God to knit Aaron a new heart. Just today, she updated a FB page that she created for the prayer meeting that's happening on Wednesday, and the profile pic? Two little red knit hearts. Amazing.
My friend, Nicole, has made me feel cute with her MANY maternity clothes that she has loaned me. When we talk, we don't always talk about the sad; we talk about fashion. It's tangible. And she made me my favorite chicken salad sandwiches for lunch one day, too.
A high school classmate with whom I am "friends" on Facebook, took the time to write and share her story. I barely know her, but she took the time to write and share and pray and believe and encourage.
I could keep going. Tangible acts of love are coming at us from every angle. To each of you who have reached out...thank you. And even if you are simply reading and not commenting, thank you...your thoughts and prayers are appreciated more than you know.
I was talking to a friend on the phone the other day, and she asked if there was one thing that someone has done that has been especially helpful. Yes, there have been many...
Yesterday, I received a package in the mail. It was from a supporter whose church has a prayer shawl ministry where they knit shawls for people going through difficult things. As they knit, they pray. The shawl is beautiful and warm, and I am so grateful for this tangible act of love.
I found the blog of another mom who has gone through the same kind of pregnancy that we are. Every word she wrote (which I read in practically one sitting) resonated within my heart and was very helpful as we walked the early days of this diagnosis. In addition, our staff friends, Brad and Michelle, have also walked this road before us. Having them in our corner is incredibly reassuring, not because their outcome was desired, but because they have been there...and they understand.
A woman I didn't previously know very well at church has taken up our cause. She has chosen to not say, "Let me know if there's anything I can do to help," which is what most people--including me--say in crisis times. She, instead, has been proactive in helping and in showing signs of love, prayer, and overall concern. She has prepared a meal, organized a prayer meeting, given me her extra pre-natal vitamins, researched possible doctors for me, and in the most amazing and tangible way, she and some friends are also knitting and praying. They are praying through Psalm 139 as they knit palm-sized hearts and ask God to knit Aaron a new heart. Just today, she updated a FB page that she created for the prayer meeting that's happening on Wednesday, and the profile pic? Two little red knit hearts. Amazing.
My friend, Nicole, has made me feel cute with her MANY maternity clothes that she has loaned me. When we talk, we don't always talk about the sad; we talk about fashion. It's tangible. And she made me my favorite chicken salad sandwiches for lunch one day, too.
A high school classmate with whom I am "friends" on Facebook, took the time to write and share her story. I barely know her, but she took the time to write and share and pray and believe and encourage.
I could keep going. Tangible acts of love are coming at us from every angle. To each of you who have reached out...thank you. And even if you are simply reading and not commenting, thank you...your thoughts and prayers are appreciated more than you know.
1 comment:
I'm thinking and reading and praying for you....and love you dear friend.
Post a Comment