Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Caringbridge Update #5

It is Tuesday, and we are three days away from our next appointment.  You all have been so faithful in praying, and I know that God is using you to sustain our family during this time.
I realize that I still haven't told you about the laughter...

Saturday, Jan. 26, was Thad's Gotcha Day--7 years since the day we met him in person...and he was in our arms forever after that.  We made him feel super special that day (went to his basketball game in the morning, had Ethiopian/East African food for lunch, followed it with a trip to Cold Stone for dessert, then topped off the night with dinner with Grandma and aunt, uncle, and cousins), and while we did, we all felt special...as a family.  God has blessed us greatly, and as my four stuffed their little faces with ice cream and imagined their way down State Street in Madison, I felt so thankful.

Dinner with Jeff's family that night was hilarious--it was one of those nights where the conversation takes an unexpected turn toward a random topic that dominates and fills the room with memories and smiles and...it was just really funny, each person taking their turn making everyone else laugh.  I needed that.

That night, we were able to talk with a Christian perinatologist that my friend, Schelli, had hooked us up with.  This doctor is ardently pro-life and volunteers his time with a network of crisis pregnancy centers that Schelli works with.  The conversation was certainly not fun, but it was very, very helpful, and I hung up the phone grateful for the connection and for the information that he was able to give us.  In short, he agreed with the probable diagnosis of our peri, but hearing his description of the options that we have was good...it was important for me to hear what is being proposed--like it or not--from someone who values life from its very beginning.  Perhaps the most helpful thing he did was connect us with a particular doctor in Cincinnati that he is recommending...we are confident that seeing him will be an important part of this process.

The next week, my teammate and dear friend, Kara, had a birthday, and a few of us joined her for dinner and a movie.  Apparently, Chili's got a heads-up that I was coming, because the music they were playing was right up my alley.  We sang and laughed at memories that the songs brought up and enjoyed our time together so much.  Seems like a little thing, but music sets the mood so often, and it was great.  I wasn't expecting to laugh that much, but good times with good friends is good for the heart.

Speaking of my heart, I'm asking God to set my heart on Him and to help me to choose joy each morning--joy that He has given us the gift of these babies and that they are still with us today.  Joy that I have so much for which to be thankful.  Joy in my salvation found in Christ.  Joy in the hemming in before and behind (Psalm 139) and the wisdom that God is giving as He guides us along this journey.

Keep praying, please...

No comments:

Post a Comment