Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Christmas trees and other stuff

It's late.  It's quiet.  I'm writing.

The Christmas tree stands to my left.  Yes, it is after Valentine's Day, and the Christmas tree is still up.  Pretty sure this is our latest ever....except maybe the year that our boiler went out and we had to leave our house for 3 months.  The tree might have still been here at the end of March that year.  Anway, it's ridiculous, and I am soooo hoping that the Hub can move it out of here tomorrow.  Not his fault, though, that it's still up.  It's mine...and it wouldn't be coming down even tomorrow if it weren't for my dear friend, Kara, taking the decorations down for me.  THANK YOU, KARA!

It's cold in here.  But not nearly as cold as it could be if our heat wasn't working, so boy oh boy, I am thankful!  I have been enjoying frequent warm baths at night; they make me happy.  I like being warm, and I'm not warm very often in our house.  I was thinking today how much I prefer the hot, sweaty days of summer to the cold, frigid-to-the-bones days of winter.  Spring is around the corner, and I can't wait!

Neil's Gotcha Day was in January, and Tom's is coming up in May.  Remember how I gave myself one year to get the story of our India trip written down?  And how once the one year mark came, I gave myself more time?  Well, if I don't get this story written by baby's arrival, it's not gonna get written.  I. must. focus.

My pregnancy is always on my heart....and yet, I have this shift happening in my mind, the need to get myself together and think about others again.  I feel like my outside-the-womb kids have suffered a bit from my inattentiveness, especially the Bigs, and it's time to make sure that that doesn't keep happening.

There is so much going on right now...so much.  I am so incredibly thankful that God never changes, that He sits on His throne with all sovereignty and love, and that He is trustworthy.

Goodnight.

1 comment:

Dave and Joy said...

There are so many things I love about you! And now knowing your Christmas tree is making it's reluctant way out of your home soon...just one more thing to love about you: that even trees can't bear to part ways from you =-)
p.s. Dave told Ruby to pick two things to thank God for at bedtime. She said "Thank you God that you heal us, and thank you for "T"'s mommy that you can heal her." Amen!

Post a Comment