This is something I have thought of at the end of every month. For years now.
I should do an end-of-month photo review, since somehow I never seem to get all the photos up and stories recorded that I want to on here.
But so far, I haven't done it. Until now.
With my track record, I'm guessing that I won't get it done next month, so my perfect record pretty much stands only, well, now, but I'm celebrating anyway! I would love to think that, come July 31, I'll be doing the same and starting a tradition, but considering the fact that I'll probably be highly sleep deprived and still recovering from surgery, enjoying every moment with our new little one by then, I kinda doubt it.
So, without further ado, June 2013 in photo review...
The month started with me, Rex, and Beth visiting my hometown for my nieces' high school graduation. Both my sister's daughter and brother's step-daughter were graduating from my alma mater, so it was such fun to be able to be there celebrating with them.
Week 1--Here is Rex posing with my high school's who-knows-how-old paper mache bulldog. Tradition is that the cheerleaders wheel the bulldog out to the middle of the basketball court where it sits during pre-game warmup. Sometimes our mascots would hide inside, and once we had wheeled them out, they would appear from inside the dog. I can't believe it's still there, but I love it!
My parents before the start of graduation.
Rex and Beth post-pomp and circumstance. Yes, this is my high school gym...it was great being back there, reliving my own graduation from however-many years ago.
My niece, Nicole, posing with her cake and balloons in pretty much the exact same spot that her mom, Uncle Tim, and I did when we graduated. :) Congratulations, Nic!
I made sure to bring Tim a kringle from Racine this time...he loves them, and this is the only way I can keep him from consuming the communal ones that I bring to share! Always good to see my brother!
Almost 30 weeks! I love sitting on the glider on the front porch at my parents'...it's one of my favorite places in the world.
Rex, Beth, and I saying goodbye to Grandma...
Before leaving town, we were able to stop by and see my old friend, Ryan. Ryan is a writer, and Rex, our wordsmith, enjoyed meeting a real published author!
Once back at home, we jumped into summer project! Here is Hoffbeast as he helps welcome the 20 students who are in town for MSPSP13. I don't have very many pictures of project, since we are not as involved this year, but we are three weeks in, and it's going great!
Week 2--During the closing soccer weekend of the season, Neil and his teammates got to enjoy the Kicknic, a carnival for all the players and their siblings. Almost their whole team got painted up as pirates! Here is Neil and his teammate, K, showing off the Mustangs' new look.
Tom got in on the action, too, exiting the bounce house long enough to pose with a moose from the Wilderness Territory in the Dells.
Last game of the season...our star player, Neil! He scored multiple goals in each game this season...love watching him on the field!
Here he is, trying his hand at goalie. (I think his coach took him out of the striker position because he was scoring too much!)
We have had lots of playtime this summer at various parks. Here are the kids at Lynden Hill, our green space on the next block. In winter, this makes for a great sledding hill; in summer, it's a rolling hill!
Our pretty princess, all dolled up for playing at the park!
This was our last hangout time with Kara before she left for her summer in Colorado! We love Kara so much!
Week 3--For Bridget's birthday, her sister planned a surprise party at a mini-golf joint. Here's B with her sister and 6-week-old nephew...
Cheryl and Beth golfing it up!
And here's dinner after. Bridget's sister, Tang, and I were the only three of the 10 who did not come on our summer project as students. The other seven girls represented projects for the summers of 2008, 2009, and 2011. What a legacy!
Week 4--Neil's 8th birthday! He had "the best day ever" in his words, culminating in a pizza dinner...
cake, ice cream, presents, and going to see a movie with his daddy, big brother...
...and friend from school, R, who came over for the festivities and got to spend the night after!
Then, just tonight, another sleepover! This time Rex and Neil each got to invite a friend over, and we went to a pizza place/fun zone for dinner. The boys all had a blast!
And the littles enjoyed it, too! Here they are in the water room playing with their friends, S and N.
The Frog Hopper was a huge hit! From left, Neil, Rex, G, and O. Fun was had by all!
And there you have it....my first ever (though I've thought of it dozens of time now) month-in-photo-review. I always take a ton of pictures that never make my blog, so I'm glad to get at least a few of them down for the record. I have so much for which to be thankful, including my amazing children, wonderful husband, and exciting life that God has given us to live. Thank you, Lord! Next month, major change comes to the Hoffworld.....so thankful that God goes before us and will be with us through it all.
1 comment:
Love it!! This was a great review and I have confidence you'll do it again... someday :)
Post a Comment