Yesterday, I went to my Tuesday appointment (Tuesdays consists of an Non-Stress Test for baby, a fluid check/ultrasound, and a doctor visit.), and while baby looked good on the NST, the fluid check was a bit worrisome.
But I can't let it.
As usual, my awesome OB did what needed to be done to make sure everything was safe and moving along well, ordering a full ultrasound at the perinatologist's office down the hall.
This morning, I had that ultrasound, and while my fluid levels are on the high end, they aren't high enough to worry a great deal, so Dr. S (a new doctor I hadn't seen until today) suggested that we just keep doing our normal checks and come back to see her if there are any further concerns. She was great, and I left the appointment feeling much assured.
Dr. S told me that unless something else came up, she wouldn't need to see me for another 3 weeks. She also confirmed the 37-week due date, which means that, Lord willing, we will meet our babies 4 weeks from today.
That. is. nuts.
But I'm excited. There is so much to do before then, it's crazy. I have done so little to get ready, but I'm trusting that all will get done. People have been offering help; now I just need to get organized and begin taking people up on it.
Please do not stop praying. 33 weeks is awesome, but in some ways, the further I get in the pregnancy, the more nervous I become. We lost our son, Joshua, just shy of 37 weeks, so that thought is enough to take me to panic-land real quick.
But I can't let it.
You see, the enemy wants me to forget that God loves me, that He has what's best in mind for me, that He has the ability to make the best for my life come to pass. He wants me to believe that God is not in control, that He is not good, and that He has forgotten about the needs of our little family.
I will choose to believe, if even one breath at a time, in the Truth and in the promises of God, rather than in the lies of the evil one who wants to steal my life away.
My life is hidden in Christ, and in Him I will rest. Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment