Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Our Cramazing May, Episode LI: Celebration at Hard Rock

Saturday was another lovely Delhi day!  It was hot but so gorgeous outside by the pool, and our fabulous, comfy, well-air-conditioned hotel/mall kept us happy.

The big agenda item for the day was returning to the doctor's office so that L's and Tom's TB skin tests could be read.  In order for visas to the USA to be granted, they had to pass that test, and while it was mostly a formality, there was still some trepidation until we got the doc's okay.

By this time, we had connected with Mr. Singh, the man who would be our driver for the next few days.  He was kind and had a car with AC.  Both facts were greatly appreciated.  ;) 

Mr. Singh showed up at the agreed-upon time, and with all 7 of us crammed in his car, before we knew it, we had made it back to the doctor's office.  This visit was much smoother than the first, since we knew where to go and what to expect.  After making our appearance before the receptionist, we were ushered upstairs to wait for the test reading, which took all of a few minutes.  Both kiddos passed with flying colors, and in no time flat, we were done with the process and back in Mr. Singh's car.  It was so nice to have something be so easy for once!  :)

We spent the rest of the glorious day relaxing, swimming, and enjoying each other, so grateful that we were just one step away from being able to get on a plane headed for home.  On Tuesday we would have our Embassy appointment, but until then, there were no specific agenda items other than to enjoy this beautiful land from where our beautiful children had come.

After much back and forth, Hoffbeast and I decided that we simply couldn't pass up the opportunity to see the Taj Mahal, despite the four-hour drive that it would take to get to Agra.  Since we had two days to kill, how could we not?  We made plans with Mr. Singh for an early-morning pickup, while Scott and Karen made arrangements with another driver to move to a different hotel the next day.  We would stay at the Hilton Garden Inn for one more night and join them at the Sheraton on Monday.

That evening, we decided to celebrate our victory at the doctor's visit by eating at Hard Rock Cafe.  I have to say that I was very much craving a hamburger by this point in the trip and was hopeful that Hard Rock would be able to deliver.

Note to self:  Don't ever get hopes up for a yummy tasting burger in a land where cows are considered sacred.  Just don't. 

Even so, we had a great time with our friends....another great end to another great day!
From L to R:  Scott, Karen, L, Hoffbeast, Tom, me, Rex, and....our two mannequin friends.  Random, right??!
 These two pictures are simply to prove that not every single moment traveling with an 8-year-old was perfect.  Overall, Rex did SO well, but he had his moments, as did we all.  I'm not sure what was upsetting him at this point, but thankfully, it didn't last long...
 Where's Waldo saves the day!!!
 I love this picture of Scott, Karen, and L!
Rex really enjoyed his food!
 My burger looked really good, but....um....well....the fries were yummy!
 I did discover that if I was feeding Tom, he seemed to kinda like me.  So we made the switch, and I started sitting by him at meals.  Since he and I were going to be traveling halfway around the world alone together, it was important that he started to trust me. 
 He still preferred Daddy by far, but at least he would tolerate me.  :)  Our server was so sweet!  She looked much more East Asian than most people that we were meeting, and she explained that she was from the very northeast part of India, just south of China.  India is such a diverse place!
 Nothing like a daddy-snuggle at the end of a long day.  :)
 The McF family embraced our Rex and seemed to enjoy him so much...what a blessing!
 Happy, happy girl!
 Happy, happy boy!  (The troubles from earlier were long gone.)
To close out the night...balloons!!!
Does it get any better than an elevator and a balloon!??

I'm not quite sure why this video is sideways, but it shows us heading toward the security area that we had to go through each time we walked from the mall back into the hotel. 


A couple other interesting things that we saw at the mall?  People paying to put their feet in water and have tiny fish eat the dead skin off their feet.  No joke!  I wish I had taken a picture of it, but I felt awkward, like I was invading their paid-for space.  It was crazy weird, though.  Also, up and down all of the escalators were printed comic strips, most notably Garfield.  I have no idea why, but it was a welcomed piece of home each time we saw one, and Rex loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment