I just can't believe it. 28 weeks.
It's late, and I should be in bed, but I must record just a few words about this milestone before hitting the hay.
For some reason, 28 weeks seems really, really big to me. Maybe because it is, medically speaking? Babies who make it to 28 weeks have a much higher survival rate than even babies who are just a bit younger. 32 weeks feels like the next really big one, although for me, 30 weeks will be big because at that point, I will start twice-weekly monitoring.
Tomorrow, I go to the doctor, and I have a few questions that I am eager to talk through. More importantly, I will be meeting a new doctor, so that's important. The practice I go to has 6 OBs, but 2 of them are new since I gave birth to Beth; at that time, there were only 4. Two of the doctors are the ones who know me the best, as they both were on hand to perform my surgeries with both Hunt and Beth. The other two that were there five years ago, I also feel like I know well and I feel very comfortable with. Then there are the new doctors. I actually would have preferred to not even meet the new folks, but Dr. McA suggested that perhaps I should at least see them each once, just so that I meet them in case they end up on call if/when there is an emergency. That was a good call because, yes, I would not want to meet a doctor for the first time during a crisis.
I met with Dr. C a month ago, and he was great. Tomorrow, I meet Dr. W. Once I'm done meeting her, I will be through the list and then, honestly, will probably just see the doctors I'm the most familiar/comfortable with--or, as Dr. McA suggested, whichever doctor who has an opening that works with my schedule. I'm sure I'll see them all plenty by the time this is all over. I am so incredibly thankful for them and would recommend them to anyone!
The other thing happening tomorrow is my glucose screening. Thick, sweet, orange, syruppy drink, here I come! Yum! :/
I have had some pretty beautiful things happen in the last couple of days. I will try to write after my appointment tomorrow and record a little of that as well as update about my appointment, of course.
Thank you for your many continued prayers. I am confident that God is using the prayers of His people as we continue down this road...
No comments:
Post a Comment