Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Caringbridge - A near-perfect day!

I know--I'm writing twice in 24 hours.  What's up?  I was so tired last night that I only wrote about the baby blankets, but there is more to say, so I want to say it.  :)

Today was a near-perfect day...and I am grateful.  First off, the weather was just the way I like it--68 degrees and slightly overcast.  I slept in, saw the boys off to school, and got the house all picked up and essential housework done by 10 a.m., when the Littles and I went out to the backyard to enjoy the day.  They scootered around me while I started my new Bible study called "Meet Jesus".  It is a study on the book of John, and as a 13-week study, I realized that it will take me all the way to delivery and beyond.  That. is. a. weird. feeling.

How am I at 26 weeks already??!  It's like I've been in this pregnancy for so long and yet at the same time, the time now seems to be flying by.  It's May 9th....and I'm feeling so much better than I would have imagined.

Last Friday, our ministry had our annual fund-development fellowship banquet.  So many people asked how I am doing and said that they had been praying.  My response over and over was, "Back on Jan. 18, I didn't even know if I would be at this banquet, much less feeling as well as I am!"  It's really incredible, and I'm so thankful.

At BSF yesterday morning, we were talking about the life of Joseph, and one of the women in my group made the observation that Joseph did not waste emotional energy during his times of trial.  For some reason, it struck a chord in me--one that needed to be struck, I think. Have I wasted emotional energy during this trial?  I hope not....but either way, I don't want to anymore.

So I feel like yesterday was some sort of a turning point.  Sorrow turned to joy.  Not that there won't be more sorrow....there will, as my tears yesterday showed.  I miss my Aaron already....so much.  I watched a viral video tonight online of some creative parents and the way they announced to their children that they were pregnant with twins.  We have one of those videos....and I will treasure it forever. There were some very happy moments early on....and there will be again.  I will always miss him, as I do his big brother, Joshua, whom we lost almost 9 years ago.  But he is held in the best, safest, most protective Arms imaginable.  And I will see him there one day, and he will be whole and complete, with a new body and a functioning heart.

But I also want to focus on the fact that almost 4 months ago, we were given a very dire report about Bart, too, and that report has proved false.  Bart is doing great, and I'm getting so excited to meet him.  I watched a baby and his mama at BSF yesterday and took in the reality that Bart will likely be here soon....I'm so thankful to have the wonderful privilege of entering babyland again--the jerking movements, the nursing nights, the cooing and discovering and connecting, the hours of looking and being amazed and falling in love all over again.

The babies are kicking ALL the time!  (I realize that it's probably not Aaron kicking, but it does me no good to talk that way.  For as long as he's with us, I will enjoy him and remember his LIFE that is happening now.)  And I love every movement.

Tomorrow, I go for my first ultrasound in three weeks.  Will there still be blood flow?  Is there any sign of life still in Aaron, or will it be clear that he is already with Jesus?  I don't know....but I'm excited to see inside their little world again.

God is good....He has been good, He is good now, and He will remain good always.

No comments:

Post a Comment