My legs are crawly (That was my granddaddy's way of describing how his legs felt at night, and Mom has passed that description down to me.), I'm tired, and my thoughts feel too jumbled to actually say much.
But my heart is full, so before going to bed tonight, I am determined to write. At least a little bit...
Something happened today....something that dissolved me into the most grateful kind of tears.
On Wednesday mornings, I attend BSF just like so many thousands of other women across the country. The majority of the morning time is spent first in a small group setting and second in a large lecture. In my small group of 15-20 women is a dear sister named Pat. A few weeks ago, Pat told me that she knits and that she wanted to knit me a baby blanket. She then asked me what color I would prefer and gave me my options.
This morning, I walked into study, and there sat a gift bag with my TWO baby blankets in it....a green one for Aaron, and a blue one for Bart.
I lost it.
And then later, when our group was finished, and the ladies wanted to see the blankets up close....I lost it again.
You see, I would have 100% understood if Pat had only brought me one blanket....we have received other gifts for the babies, but they have come only as one outfit or one piece; after all, the reality is that a second outfit or a second set of baby shoes would likely not be used, at least not by Aaron. I don't begrudge anyone who chooses to give a gift but also to be practical about the situation and its reality.
So, knowing all of that, Pat still spent time knitting TWO blankets, even though one of them will likely not be used often--if at all--by its intended recipient.
I can tell you, though, as his mother, that it will be used...by me.
Those blankets represent the reality of our sons. Two blankets made for two distinct and special baby boys.
What a gift. It was the most beautiful and tender kind of thoughtful care, poured out on this grateful mama and her family.
Pat, you have blessed me far beyond what you probably know. Thank you a thousand times.
More to come...maybe tomorrow. I'm 26 weeks along...praise God!
No comments:
Post a Comment