Most of my post these days have been about the past--rewinding our trip to India and pressing "play" in very slow motion. :) Today, a bit of a stream from my proverbial consciousness...
Tom is currently sitting on my lap, a car in each hand. His ability to maneuver the fingers that he has and use his grasp to do just about anything he needs to do is astounding. He very much wants to touch the computer keys right now, and he succeeds every now and then. I did think of one thing the other day that he wouldn't be able to do....snap his fingers. Then again, he'd probably figure that out, too. He's an incredible little boy, and to think that WE are the ones who get to be his family!?!
Speaking of Tom and his hands, I finally was able to have a good conversation with an applicant coordinator for Shriner's Hospital for Children. I need to fax in the adoption decree and Tom's immunization chart, and then we will wait for a couple of weeks to find out if he is accepted as a patient. Hopefully we will know by Sept. 1 and can get this show on the road!
There is another family in India today, spending their first precious days with their daughter. As it turns out, she was one of Tom's roommates, and so I am especially excited to hear about their time there. In addition, there is a place that is important to Tom's story that I'm hoping they can photograph for me, as well as another special little girl that we met while we were there.
Tom's development and attachment are gifts from the Lord. He is a smart, brave, handsome little guy, and watching him learn and grow is a blessing. He and Beth are quite the best buds--and worst enemies all at the same time--just like is normal for 2- and 3-year-old siblings. I keep thinking that I should video them playing together but haven't really done much of that, sadly. That and his language, too....he will often look at me, point at something with his pinky finger and say something that sounds quite intelligible, if only I knew Oriya. He's amazing. Have I said that yet?
Rex is getting ready for school to start but for sure isn't ready for MYSO to start yet. Don't tell his violin teacher, but he hasn't had his violin out all summer....since before India actually. Not good. I should make him get it out today; the suggestions obviously aren't working.
Neil is off playing with his good friend, C, today. C's mom has blessed me over and over in this last year, as she took Neil for me many Wednesdays after school, especially helpful during our boiler breakage and the subsequent time out of our house. Neil and C have become very good friends...it's fun to see that. Neil can hardly wait--he is counting the days--'til school starts. That kid LOVES school! I hope the boys will be in the same class, but if not, Neil will be fine...he is super social!
I change a lot of poopy pull-ups. In the writing of this post, I've had to stop twice to change 2 kiddos. C's mom said that his 2-year-old sister "potty trained herself" this summer. I am an awful potty trainer. I admit it.
Our summer in Colorado was wonderful. Being on the production team is life-giving to me, and I love how year after year, I am getting to learn and grow in these professional skills. What I'll ever use them for beyond CSU, I have no idea, but that's okay....maybe someday I'll know. Or maybe not. And that will be fine. This year, I got to run shoulder cam as well as direct a bit of one of the concerts. Sasha, I wish you could join me...you would love this stuff!
Remember how I said that Tom and Beth are best buds? He just hit her in the head with a toy car, and now she has ice (and a cut underneath) on her forehead. That's the way love goes.
There's more, but this post has already taken me an hour to write. I don't have an hour for writing blog posts. Hoffbeauty, over and out!
1 comment:
I love your streams of consciousness writing... even if it was more of an interrupted flow. :)
Post a Comment