Cutest Blog on the Block Background

Monday, August 22, 2011

Our Cramazing May, Episode IX

This blog series is going to test my knowledge of Roman numerals, I just know it!  I am already on the ninth installment, and we haven't even gotten off the ground yet for our first of eight flights!

This video was taken just after leaving little Beth with her grandma and Aunt Becky.  I remember feeling so stunned that this was actually happening....all of the ups and downs of the weeks prior to this day had led to this one very exciting and climactic hill climb....toward our son.  We were on our way!

Rex and his daddy kept me laughing the whole way....that's part of Hoffbeast's role in my life, for sure!  He has a keen ability to keep things lighthearted, even when they are feeling stressful or heavy to me.  And Rex is often the same way.

One of the funny things about that video is that Rex was sooo concerned about his book, yet that book ended up coming in a distant second to the book that we bought while we were in Chicago.  The book in this video, the 2012 Time Kids' Almanac--which he had been dying to get--was purchased for him a couple of weeks before the trip, but we didn't allow him to look at it until the day we left home.  A bit cruel?  Perhaps.  But we did it because the last time we had gone to the bookstore to buy new books for the trip, he had read them all in 3 days.  We had to save it so that it would actually keep him occupied for awhile.  :)

We got to the gate in Indianpolis with plenty of time to spare.  I was able to find a little shop where I bought new toothbrushes, toothpaste, and a few other toiletry items that we had left in the Hub's bag at my parents'.  Then we sat in for the short wait, and soon, we found ourselves boarding plane #1, headed for Chicago!
The plane was one of those very small ones with one seat on one side of the aisle and two on the others.  The boys sat together while Mama hung out in the single seat.  I didn't care...I was just happy that we were together and that the last leg of our journey to Tom was actually beginning!
It was a short flight, but during it, I did a lot of pondering while looking out the window...
...and a lot of treasuring, while watching my husband and our oldest son, hand in hand, enjoying the journey together.  Their hands are exactly the same--and just like Grandpa Hoffbeast's, too.  I wish I had a picture of Hoffbeast and his dad holding hands.  I'll bet it would have looked just like this.

1 comment:

Bridget E. said...

Read! :) I may even consider volunteering myself to babysit for a day so you can finish this chronicle!

Post a Comment