The Highs? New words and a 3-word sentence! The Lows? The stealthy mischief in which he finds himself involved.
We had our 2nd post-placement meeting with our wonderful social worker, Gale, this morning. When she asked us how many words he has, I had to think about it....and I've come up with about 15:
-Mama
-Daddy
-Onno (His name for Beth.)
-Heh (Sounds like a grunt, but it's clearly his name for Rex.)
-Teddy (Sounds a lot like "daddy" but it's a little different. His name for Neil.)
-no
-yeah
-please
-Tan Tu (Thank you)
-hat
-night night
Okay, that's only 11, but I'm sure that there are more. And his receptive language is fantastic! Today, Gale asked him to point to the baby doll's eyes, and he did! His first 3-word sentence? DON'T DO THAT! I'm sure he learned that one from Beth, as she says that to him often! :)
Now for the mischief...in one 90-minute period a few days ago, he pulled a cup of water off the counter; gave Beth's baby doll a "bath" in the toilet, using a half roll of toilet paper and clogging said toilet; and drew all over his high chair tray with crayons. If we find ourselves saying, "Where's Tom?" it is usually followed by an "Oh no!" after he's been found.
I think, though, that it's mostly innocent. He is just wonderfully and marvelously curious-----and quick, too! :) Better go check on him, as he's probably had time to make 4 messes just in the time it took me to type this email.
(Phew! Actually, it's after bedtime, so he is peacefully sleeping away in his crib.)
1 comment:
Love the description of sweet Tom, sounds like you have a little curious George on your hands!!
Post a Comment